Contact list requests

Now and then I get an email with a new member asking for permission to add them to their contact list.  I do not mind giving a few tips (usually to people who are unrealistic about moving to Israel, so that the correspondence  is short), but with all the bots and hackers trolling the web, I am wary of giving out this permission too liberally.   That is, I do not know  the consequences of letting them add me to their contact list, and I am not sure what  purpose  this  serves, given that they can  post their question on  the general  forum, or send me a direct message. I would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks. 

Hello nomadreid,

Please allow me to share my views with you.

You can discard these requests, they are not really useful. They might come handy if you set your private messaging settings to contacts only which will allow only members in your contact lists to send you a private message otherwise, adding members is not mandatory and of course not useful.

Regards

Bhavna

Thanks, Bhavna!

@nomadreid Thank you so much. What you have said is true. The web is not a safe place as we might not know one another's intentions. For me in my country Israel has made a contract with my country to get workers from Malawi to Israel which am interested in . That is why i want to know more about Israel as there is a chance that i might come there though its not easy.

@jameschimaimba

Thanks for your understanding, James. I will be glad  to inform you through the medium  of these messages, as I am now doing. There is no need to add me to your contacts; just reply to this  message. I will mention that many years ago I was in Malawi, and very much appreciated the people;  I also understood that the life is difficult there, so it is understandable that  you might wish to work in Israel. Now  is a good time, because the government  has just issued permission to give 5000 new visas to get farm labourers. (The other main profession that non-Israelis do here is Caregiver.) It is good that Malawi has this bilateral agreement with Israel; there are only a few countries  besides Malawi  (such as Thailand and Sri Lanka) who have  this. The bureaucracy can be long; but don't get discouraged. I will tell you another  day more  about  Israel (this evening I must go); please tell me what you would like to know, and tell me more about yourself (age, the kind of work you can do, health, etc.)

All the  best,

David

@nomadreid Great. I will not give up. Am 33 and am multi talented. i can do farm work, caregiving. Apart from that i am a graphic designer, a computer technician and i can also work in archaeology.

Am also interested in knowing the cost of living in Israel. How much can it cost to have a simple apartment and food for a month?

Hi, James.

Each of your talents requires a different approach to work in Israel.

As a graphic designer or computer technician, you would apply directly to companies in Israel. They will look at your academic qualifications and your experience, and decide whether to offer you a job. If they did, then you could apply for a work visa in Israel. In general  you would have to pay your own transport to Israel after you received the visa.  The competition in these areas is very high.

It is practically impossible for a foreigner to get a paid job in archaeology in Israel.

For farm work, you would check with the Malawi government about the bilateral agreement between Israel and Malawi concerning work in Israel. At the same time, you would write an email to the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development in Israel asking about this possibility. The email is moked.sherut@moag.gov.il

For Caregiving, you would apply to any (or several) of the many agencies here in Israel that arranges caregiving positions for foreigners. An overview of the paperwork that you will need to assemble before applying is given here: https://www.isavta.co.il/en/blog/Coming … d-To-Know. Once you get your first job, and hence a visa,  there are many caregiving positions   are offered for those who are already in Israel and have a visa. So it is worth it to get that first job at a lower salary, and then jump to better positions once you have the visa and are in Israel. You can look in the Internet for the addresses of such agencies.

The cost of living in Israel differs from place to place. In general the cost of living is quite high; if you get a farm job, you will often be given room and board as part of your contract. (I know someone from Thailand who worked for several years on a farm here, and was quite happy about it.) Tel Aviv is one of the most expensive cities in the world. The currency here is in shekels, but I will give you some approximate prices in dollar equivalents. The rent for a small apartment for a single person in a smaller city or town will be at least US$400-$500 per month, and then you must pay a tax and utilities. Food is generally also expensive -- potatoes presently cost about $1.50 per kilo, milk costs about $1.50 per liter, etc.... generally you would need to spend at least #1000 per month, without rent. In other words,  you would probably need at least $1700 per month to live in most places here.

That is an overview. I  would be glad to answer more specific questions if you have them.

Cheers, David

@nomadreid Hie

Will you mind sharing with us some of the recruiting agencies for Israel farmers

Hi, 

For agricultural jobs, the most promising approach is to go through the governments (yours and Israel's;  the Israeli address: moked.sherut@moag.gov.il.) There is no large single private recruiting agency for farms in Israel; however, there are a number of smaller agencies and individual farms. Many of these use social media, such as Linked-In, TikTok, Facebook, etc.  If you type in an Internet search engine (e.g., Google) "how to find a farm job in Israel", you will get lots of sites -- however, you have to filter through them, as many of the sites are for volunteers instead of paid work. If you do not have the appropriate social media accounts, then it is simple and free to get them. Then, if you use a good online translation site (e.g., Google Translate) to translate the question into Hebrew, and then use the search engine with this, you will get even more results, although the application process then would be more difficult, as you would be constantly translating replies and your answers.  Which ever method you use will be time-consuming,  but there is no quick alternative.

@nomadreid

Thank you very much brother. am researching on the caregiving side. I think that is where i can have more chances

@nomadreid

hello, Im khagendra from Nepal, Im looking working sponsorship visa. I want work in agriculture sector in Isreal. can you please provide me original employer searching online site or job searching portal, where I can find real job or employer. thank you.

@myenjoyfulllife177 To get an agricultural job in Israel from Nepal, it is best  that you apply to (a) Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry, and (b) Nepalese Foreign Ministry in Katmandu, because there  is a bilateral  treaty (Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Agriculture) between Nepal and Israel for Nepalese agricultural workers to be send to Israel. In this way, the two governments  work together  (this is called a G2G process) to find you work, take care of your visa, pay for your flight and for your initial expenses in Israel. Doing it on your own is much more difficult.

Good luck. 

Hey there, I am James from kenya,kindly am interested to working in Israel and I would like to know if I can apply directly from my country in either skilled or non skilled jobs .thank you

Hi, James, This depends on your qualifications and experience. For unskilled jobs, it is best to apply to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nairobi,  citing the bilateral treaty between Israel and Kenya for agricultural workers. For the other three areas of unskilled labour for which there is a demand [  caregiver, on phones for online firms, or in the building industry)  most foreign workers apply from within Israel after already having obtained a work permit. For skilled work, you may apply directly, but there are only a certain number of fields (e.g., hi-tech, technical drawing) that are open to applicants without knowledge of Hebrew). To work in a skilled profession you would need to have your qualifications from Kenya certified by the Israeli consulate before potential employers would even look at your application.

In sum, without  further knowledge of your  qualifications and experience, it is difficult to be more precise.

Good luck.

Thank you for your response and detailed information,it is helpful.