Temporary residency visa vs regular tourist status in Mexico

Is anybody can highlights the advantages of having a temporary residency visa vs being a regular tourist who can stay 180 days ( in most of the cases ) in Mexico ?

Thanks.

Hi there

Depends about your future. Are you looking to spend a lot of time in Mexico in the future? By all means it will be worth it. When you come for Christmas and there are 1000 turists lining up for visa, being questioned why and where , and how much money you goit etc, you go with the locals. I am permanet resident and I live here. If you need help with your residency, i got the right person.

Regards Romeo

basically easier in buying property (in dealing with the notary, local requirements), opening up a bank account, chance to become a permanent resident or citizen...there are many more but those are probably the most relevant.

John

Now you need a RFC number to open a bank account, buy a car. Just examples. And they are not giving 180 day auto anymore if they see you in the new computer system as trying to live perm with a tourist visa. All kinds of people posting how they were refused 180 days and now have to find a place to stay in the usa till they can try again. The wild west days of living in mexico is over. Residents visa or you will sooner or later will pay the price.

Thanks for the info. Would like to ask if the process of getting into Mexico for 180 day stay is different if traveling by air rater than by vehicle?

@romeoserban

Thanks for reply , it is helpful . I may contact you in future to get some legal help .Appreciated

@romeoserban

Thank you for reply

@MexicoAfterlife

Thanks for replying , appreciated . It is helpful

@tarojohn

Thanks for responding . Appreciate it