Healthcare here in Colombia report by expats

Hola,

We did a blog post about our personal experience with healthcare here in Colombia after living here for over 5 years.

It is very detailed and can help you when considering locating here.

Cheers,

John and  Susan

https://latitudeadjustmentblog.com/2023 … xperience/

Thanks very insightful, now your calculations is based on your income which is not mentioned.

thinking about retirement and picking bogota. I would be there with wife 34 and two children

I'm 63 with income of 3000 would you be able to calculate EPS and SURA for me?

thanks

the official rate is 12% of declared income, if you wish to declare your full income that's a moral decision for you.

@PhilCo58

so, they'll accept word of mouth?

when i apply for pensionado visa doesn't EPS and SURA get my SS info that i give

as proof of applying for the visa?

@PhilCo58actually 12.5% ×0.4

Equals 5%

Why they dont just come out and say 5%, I dont know.

For a marraige visa, you dont have to state your income.

@Alicea915

Sura EPS doesnt care about your income..they will sell you a plan for the minimum..if one agent wont, there are 3 or 4 others waiting in line that will.

The cancilleria may care.

Happened to me, and screwed up my Rentista visa application.

You can always go back and pay the " right" amount retroactively if the cancilleria gives you any hassle.

But this is only for renewing a visa that you had before October 2022. For a new pensionada visa appplication you need the fancy emergency travel insurance  good for 1 year minimum, including repatriation to your home country..dead or alive. The cheapest I could find vosts $900 to $1150 per yesr (AssistCard)

If you really are officially " married" why not get a cónyuge visa.?

No healthcare requirements ( which are very expendive) not necessary to state income  and a lot eassier to get a visa with more benefits.

Also, on a new pensionada visa , by the rules of the Cancilleria  stated in the " new" resolución,    you are now not allowed to go on EPS, though SURA will still sell you a policy Anyway.

@nico peligro

will be a pensionado visa and arriving with my Venezuelan wife and kids

I should have held out and find me a Colombiana 🤣😂😅

@Alicea915

in my humble, but sincere opinion, you are making a big mistake marrying a Venezolana with 2 kids.

Raising another guys kids is a thankless job.

Even worse if the baby daddy is still involved.

You could very well be in for a life of misery.

You will not just be supporting her, the kids,but her family in Venezuela..

They are even more materialistic than Colombianas..

Stay far far away from single mothers.

Best just to come here and play the field.

Sorry to be so honest.

Hope I am wrong.Good luck.

@nico peligro

thanks, but too late…Married her this past March. the father of one of them past away so

just have to watch out for the other one 😒.  I've been in relationships before where theres

been baby daddys and I know exactly what you mean. also just had a little issue with her

family members which I had to put my foot down. Im at a point that I needed someone steady

in my life so this is it.  hopefully itll work out

thanks