New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Thailand forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Thailand if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@Julien

Hello Julien,

My name is Ron Pitelka, and I live in the Northpoint Condominium in Naklua (north Pattaya). I am an old man from Chicago looking for a couple of old guys who speak English to hang out with. I have a girl friend of many years who is studying law, but the only thing that we ever do is go to lunch together, so I obviously spend most of my time at home, alone just lookig at the computer. I am not a drinker or a smoker, so I'm not much of a bar guy; however, I do enjoy playing pool at pool halls or bars.

@Julien

Hi, My name is Craig. I am living in Loei with my Thai wife and daughter. My daughter is 13 and is finding it challenging to meet new friends. She is struggling with learning Thai. I am looking to find families with English-speaking children of similar ages. Maybe this community can help. We travel to Bangkok often, We are also able to travel anywhere within  Loei anytime. My wife and I also like to meet new people.

@ronpitelka thats very thoguhtful I'm new as well.

Hello everyone!, here is Mike. I'm from the united state of America but currently I'm here in Thailand for some projects and i might stay here for about 4-5 years or better still I might settle here in Thailand.

i haven Made any friends yet and I'm single as well still searching.

Hello expats all over the world. My name is Harald (Harry) and I am happy to become a member of this community. I have been living as an expat for 13 years now, 11 of them in Thailand, currently in Nong Khai. ***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 months ago
Reason : Please create an advert in the Housing in Thailand section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Mike! Where in Thailand are you currently living?

@ronpitelka Bangkok

Hi. My name is Tom Wingate from Tampa, Florida USA. I recently retired To Pattya. I'm not sure if this is the right way to post this info here but here it is.

@tomwingate

Welcome......

@tomwingate

Welcome on board !

We have a forum dedicated to Pattaya, feel free to have a look at the existing topics : Pattaya forum

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

hi

My name is Dell from london, not that Boy.

Thanks for taking the time and accepting my registration as a rookie.

I was wondering if I can find some answers the many questions you experience guys can help me with my journey of living here.

@Firefox68

Hello Dell,

Welcome on board !

Great to have you here !

Feel free to open new topic on the Thailand forum to seek advice from members. You may ask any questions you have.

The Living in Thailand guide for expatswill also provide you all first-hand information

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien Hello Rob Finn here, rubbish at technical stuff, moving to pattah 20th Feb, not found a rental property yet, if you can help, thanks

@Robfinn

Hello Rob,

Welcome !

Have a look a the housing section. You may browse through the existing ads and even create your own "looking for" ad. Agents will contact you.

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/thailand/add.html

All the best

Bhavna

@TheButler

Hello and welcome !

If you want to post a brief introduction post just click on reply.

If you want to seek advice from members, it is better to open a new thread : Post new Topic button : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=211

Regards

Bhavna

Greetings from The United States

Leaving the USA in late 2025.  Interested in a couple possible Thailand destinations, obtaining a 5 year elite visa before coming.  Would like to stop in the Philippines for a little while first.  Looking forward to seeing new places, trying new foods, learning some new languages, and meeting new friends (and not talking politics).

Will be coming as a single retiree.

So HELLO!  1f60e.svg

Hello Maladapti,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Have you visited Thailand previously?

Could you elaborate on the reasons behind choosing this destination?

If you have any specific topics you would like to discuss, do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Thailand forum to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien

Hi Julien and all,

Nice to e-meet you here. This is Einzali living in Bangkok. I came from Myanmar and used to work in Bangkok from 2021 to 2023. As I am currently waiting for my student visa to study for a Master's in New Zealand, I would like to work on short-term projects/assignments, preferably remotely, in the meantime.

To briefly describe myself, I have over six years of experience in the market research and consulting industry covering the Southeast Asia region. I am highly skilled at problem-solving, market analysis, communication, project management, and client management across multiple industries and domains. I would like to be connected with more expats in the future!

Thanks and let me know if you are up for any exciting business projects/assignments. :)

Best

Einzali

@einzalihaung

hello and welcome on board !

Thank you for your introduction.

Have a look at open positions posted in the Jobs in Thailand section You may also create your CV in the same section so that employers can contact you.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Hello Julien and all,

I'm grateful for this site and all the help it can provide. My name is Doug. I'm a retired 63 year old American who is gay and married in Portugal to my partner in 2010 and have been together 26 years. We are at the beginning stage of applying for and obtaining our one-year residency visas. We plan to renew each year for 4 years and then apply for permanent residency.  Doug

@obeiddoug172

Welcome on board Doug !

i have created a new topic from your other post on the Chiang Mai forum so that members can guide you.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1062893

All the best

Bhavna

Hi

Christian is my name from Ghana truck driver With many experiences, 33 of age.

Thank you.

@Julien Hello there Julien,

My name is Ciril Varghese ,im job seeker actually. i live with my family in India. Im currently looking to move in to Thailand. So i need to get a job & move on somewhere close to bangkok regarding my personal. Im have almost 6 years of experience in sales & 2 years of experience in customer service. I applied numerous jobs already. But all of them were rejected because im not a thai speaking, Work permit holder, engineer, developer or a teacher. I don't know how to make it to Thailand. I have to find a way & get there. That all i know.

@cirilvarghesecr7

Hello and welcome !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in Thailand section for better exposure.

You may also read the articles under the Work in Thailand section to gather as much information about how to find a ob, recruitment agencies and so on.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Hey Guys and girls,

I am a 42 year old who currently resides in Melbourne.

I was originally born in England. I have made the decision to move to Thailand and begin the next phase of my life.

I am currently employed as a project manager and am looking for some advise on finding employment with a salary that is worth will.

I have a Thai fiancée and being around the Pattaya area would be an advantage but happy to travel if required

Thanks in advance

@cirilvarghesecr7 hey I can help you. But can't do it via this platform. Thanks an take care

Hello roshanksockalingam,

I can help you. But can't do it via this platform.

Any reason why you cannot do it here?

Hello I am currently living in Buriram with my girlfriends family whilst we wait for her to have her baby.

I am interested in making new English speaking friends in the area, are there any recommended Facebook groups for ferrangs in Thailand ?

Many Thanks

Sam

@Julien

Hi Julien. i am moving to Nakhonsawan from the UK this coming sunday to be with my wife.

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Nick

@Julien

Hello everyone,

My name is John, I'm from England.

I am holidaying in Thailand for the first time in May, but am planning on living there/here full time.

I have added a basic CV, and would appreciate networking with expats / English speakers who could help me navigate my longer term ambitions.

I am always happy to make new friends, and look forward to becoming part of both this forum and the Thai community more generally.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I look forward to starting a new adventure in Thailand.

@jpmad11970

Hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to read the articles of the Living in Thailand Expat Guide and to open your own thread on the Thailand forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Good morning,

Many thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to being part of the community,

Have a great day,

John

@Julien

Hi Julian.  I'm David and planning to move to Thailand later this year for my work.  nice to meet you!

I have just posted a question in the forum regarding immigration process for my husband who is Filipino who will come with me to Thailand.  Hope someone may have some advice on the best route for him to join me.  I read that the Elite Visa programme is probably the easiest route for him (although expensive) to avoid him having to leave every 30 days.

Hope to hear some helpful feedback from the forum group chat. ;-)

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing great. It's just to get in touch with all expats in Thailand and build up a strong connection. Cheers

@Julien

Hello, Ken here from the USA. We will be starting our journey in Oct 2024. We are moving to Kon Sumui and plan on living there two years. I am retiring, but my wife will continue to work remotely for her company.  We are very busy getting ready and very excited.

@KC183

Welcome Ken !

Thank you for joining in !

If you have any questions, feel free to open a new thread on the Koh Samui forum.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello

Just joined and spent the month of March in Thailand, it was very hot there, but now I've read about the end of April being 40-43 degrees for the second half of the month, that's roasting! That said, and growing up in the 4 seasons of the Midwestern U.S., it will take some time to acclimate to the heat if my plans to live there full tine are finally realized. I plan on spending longer than a month there towards the end of this year, hopefully at least a 2-3 month stint, and my partcular locations I'm working on, will surely spend extended time in Chiang Mai, as well as more time in Bangkok, and am thinking that going farther south than Hua Hin will happen for sure. I gotta hit Pattaya this time!

Hello everyone,

Greetings to you all from Pakistan  i am here in this forum bc i have been to Thailand for so many times over the years and love the people and this country. i am planning to move to thailand but obviously thats not possible without a job or big investment! It would be very kind of anyone who can help me how to make it possible to move to thailand on a job. Any help or suggestions are welcomed!

@Julien hie my name Felix Chizeya i am a Zimbabwean living in South Africa i am 45 yrs married with three childrens i grew up in a poor family so my issue is about looking for a job so i can raise my famaly