New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Turkey forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Turkey if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi I hope this is allowed,  I'm not an expat.

My late aunty and uncle were and lived in Turkey in the early 2000s.

I knew of this platform and the valuable information that is gained from it.

If I'm not allowed then I apologise for joining.

Cheers Diane

@leatherdiane

Hello Diane, you are most welcome on our platform.

Feel free to read the threads of the Turkey forum and participate positively if they are of interest to you.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi, Ive lived in Turkey Fethiye region since 2006 but recently moved to Pamukkale Denizli with my turk partner. I am looking to connect with more expats as I find Denizli doesnt have a expat community , hoping to find some here

Hello Julesdp,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

I recommend posting an advert in the Turkey classified ads section, as there is a dedicated category for friendship. Feel free to include as many details as possible about yourself, your hobbies, etc., to connect with like-minded individuals.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl thank you will try x

Hi all,

I am a newbie here.

Would like to introduce myself first. I am an obstetrician/gynecologist aged 61, father of a lovely girl born in PA, US, a bluegrass/country music fan, and an artist (oil painting)...

I am a handyman who loves DIY.

I worked in hospitals in Ankara and Stockholm, Sweden.

I live and work in Ankara

Please let me know if my subscription to the forum was a mistake 1f60a.svg

@barankutlay

Hello and welcome on board !

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to members.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. We have a forum dedicated to Ankara, you might want to have a look : Ankara forum

All the best

Bhavna

@barankutlay

Hello Dr. Kutlay, welcome on board.  You have a very unique array of hobbies/interests.  I look forward to seeing future posts on this MB.  We all enjoy active and engaging members on this forum.

I am of Turkish heritage, born in the US, living in Minneapolis currently with plans to move to Eskisehir within 2 years.  For a 3.5 year stint in my youth, we lived in Türkiye and I attended first grade in Ankara after which we returned to the US.  Thus I can speak Turkish with very limited vocabulary.  Maybe we can have çay together once I make my move.

Best Regards

@Julien looking for a New job 8n Turkish..

@kelvinwanji

Hello and welcome !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in Turkey section of the website.

All the best

Bhavna

Greetings! I'm Joyce, a driven engineering student with a fervent ambition to become an English educator. My academic journey in engineering has honed my analytical skills and problem-solving abilities, equipping me with a solid foundation to tackle complex challenges. Yet, amidst the technical rigor, I've discovered a profound fascination for language and its ability to connect people across borders and cultures.

Inspired by this realization, I am determined to pursue my passion for teaching English. I see language education not only as a means of imparting linguistic skills but also as a gateway to fostering empathy, cultural appreciation, and global citizenship. Through innovative teaching methods, personalized instruction, and a commitment to nurturing each student's unique talents, I aim to create an inclusive and dynamic learning environment where students can thrive. Join me on this transformative journey as we harness the power of education to shape a brighter, more interconnected future for generations to come.

Hi all.  I am originally from Istanbul Turkey, moved to US in 2005 and moved back to Turkey in 2020 with my American husband. At the moment we live in Istanbul Kadikoy Moda, looking to meet people that we can connect to.

@ovgudo

hello and welcome !

Feel free to have a look at the Istanbul forum and reach out to members.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna Thanks a lot!

Hi

I'm a newbie to the forum!

We (me, my wife + 4 kids) are looking to relocate from London to Antalya this summer.

Hoping to get some useful info and advice, and connect with some of you!

I'm looking forward to reading through existing posts first. :)

Hanif

@Julien we are a married couple living in Germany. After visiting Turkiye many times we would like to expat to Izmir or Antalya. We are looking for places in Izmir where we can maybe meet up with others who have already expated to Izmir. Are there such places. Teşekkürler

@Hanif_O Hello Hanif. We are also visiting Antalya but this May. Also hoping to get some info. Especially healthcare. D & R

@dmia Hi both! I hope your visit is productive and you get all the info you need.

My wife and I have booked a short trip next month, as we're hoping to narrow down the search to one or two districts, see some of the schools if we can, connect with some professionals (real estate, accountancy, immigration), and hopefully meet some expats who have moved from the UK.

I hope you are considering Mahmutlar in Alanya, even if closed right now (I think things will change), Alanya itself is busy and very disorganized, we live in Mahmutlar and we are very happy with infra-structure (Restaurants, if you pay if very close to the beach (even if I never go), shops, reasonable prices (for day to day), public transport, I think for children also the right structure)

Good luck anyhow, but for me Antalya and even Alanya feel lik megacities.

Hello everyone.  I am new to the forum and hoped to connect with people that are planning/have already moved to Turkey.

I've visited a few places but keep going back to Antalya.  I've also connected with someone that already lives there and belive there is a large expat community already residing there.