New members of the Mexico forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Mexico forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Mexico if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

We have been to Cabo several times and had a timeshare at one point and love the slower pace. We are exploring how easy or difficult making the move would be. We currently live in Central California, one retiree and one still in the work force.

Hola,

Living in Mexico since 2010. 

Been in Baja, Baja Sur, SMA, now in Jalisco, but near Colima.

Happy to meet buddies to speak italian or french or whom share same interests.

Best

R

Hey ronjalima,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Could you provide more information about yourself?

What is your nationality? I noticed you mentioned that you also speak French.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Yes Cheryl, I also speak french.

More on PM. Best :-)

Robert

Expat.in.Mexico team

This is Renny Temple and Caren Kaye, husband and wife, retired active seniors from the entertainment industry.   Some folks recognize us; most not - but if you Google our names, you see we've worked during our career.  Checking out Ex-Pat land and hearing good things about San Miquel de Allende.  Looking for a long-term rental, home or apartment.   And a new look at life.

I guess that's it!!  :)

Welcome, you will love Mexico. I live in Mazatlan. Chillax!!

@Julien My husband and I have been in Mexico for a few months, traveled from North to CDMX. Before this, I traveled through most states in MX. I speak fluent Spanish and he is learning  :)

@Julien

Hello fellow wanderers!

My husband and I have lived in Mexico for many years, the last 8 in Queretaro. We are both retired, he from a career as an auto mechanic, and I from teaching English (in Mexico City) and Spanish (Ohio, New Mexico, Texas).

He is an accomplished guitar player (blues, classic rock, particularly The Allman Brothers - he had a popular tribute band in Ohio before we moved.. We love attending concerts and I am always busy with knitting, sewing, and writing. 

I was an exchange student in 1963, staying with a family in Taxco for one month. I have returned to Mexico frequently since then and brought a group of New Mexico high school students to stay with families for a month in Jalapa, Veracruz. I loved watching my students blossom in this culture! I have also lived in/ visited Oaxaca state and villages throughout, especially archeological sites. (I saw the total eclipse of 1991 while sitting on a pyramid at Monte Alban - villagers, Europeans, etc. , Zapotecan poetry of how the rabbit would eat the sun, dancers emplumados...What an experience!

Hope this is TMI...and for a break in the heat!

Hoping for