New members of the Bolivia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Bolivia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Bolivia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello my name is Sharon I am from Canada. I came to Bolivia with my daughter and her family, my three grandchildren. And I've been here for almost 3 years. My daughter and her family returned back to Canada to make some more money catch up on visiting.  I'm still here in Bolivia. Selling my land and my home that I made in the last couple years. Plan to start over with something smaller, a lot instead of hectors and a small home. I'm debating on renting in Santa Cruz Bolivia for a short time, maybe up to 6 months. I have my identification card to finish up here in the next months. And I'm not sure what I'm doing after that. It's been a journey, a very GOOD and HARD one too. Absolutely love Bolivia I hope that more of my family will come out here yet at least to visit again.

Years ago I started sponsoring a child on compassion international. Well I've met that girl and she is now an adult and has a little baby girl of her own. She's my goddaughter now, 1f609.svg something I never expected to happen. I feel very blessed.

It's very lonely here. Definitely culture shock. Also takes a lot of time to get to know the cultures, language, communities, agendas.

I take the good leave the bad and and do life day by day. I love the natural life that Bolivia offers.  I've been back to Canada a couple of times to visit and that's been great too but it always feels good to come back to Bolivia.

@sharonlybbert

hello and welcome on board !

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to our dear members.

Should you need any info, feel free to create a new topic on the Bolivia forum to interact with members.

All the best

Bhavna