New members of the Ethiopia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ethiopia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ethiopia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I've been living off and on in Ethiopia since 1997 and I own a house here. However, I'm retired now and will be heading back to the UK soon,

@awarepaul

Hello Paul,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to have a look at the England forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=268

Regards

Bhavna

Hello, I am Tesfu from Ethiopia and 15 years humainterans experience in un, ngo and private sector.

I would like to connect any one from abroad to have some information about my work

@TESFUABEBE88

Hello and welcome !

What kind of information are you looking for ? In which country would you like to move ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Hello, actually I want to work with international staff and I have a lot of experience on humanitarian related and I am leaving here in Ethiopia and I want to move some abroad

@TESFUABEBE88

Thank you for your response !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs section found at the top of this page.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Hi im steven a project manager in engineering , i lived and worked in Djibouti and  met and  married my ethiopian wife there we have a 10 month old daughter .

I am currently in the uk working as a Project manager i am regularly in addis ababa  and debra zayit visiting my wife and baby

I am looking for a osition in engineering management as project management

I am educated to masters degree level and have 30 yrs experience

kind regards

steven

@Stevenseivwright

Hello and welcome Steven !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in Ethiopia section of the website for better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna

I did

@Julien Hello! My husband and I are moving to Addis Ababa in a couple of months for his work. I'm glad to have found this forum, as I know little about Ethiopia and I'm very curious to learn more. We are currently trying to figure out how to contact the Ethiopian Ministry of Agriculture about whether we need a permit from them for our cat. The ministry's website is faulty unfortunately, so if anyone knows how to contact them or has knowledge of what is needed to transport a cat to Ethiopia from Europe, we would greatly appreciate it!

Hi im steve im scottish my wife and daughter  are ethiopian.

i woudnt dream of trying to take your car , there are so many rules and costs  involved its very  diffficult trying to get any car in . you will find a car there you will be shocked at the prices for old cars..A large proportion od toyotas.

houses are cheap to rent and furniture etc ok .

my wife and i have a large extended family  if my wife  can hep she would steer you in direction of getting decent car ..

regards

steven