Irish Jobseeker Hoping To Relocate To Switzerland

Hi All,

Just reaching out for some help / guidance on relocating to Switzerland as I am not having much joy from numerous job applications over the last few months.

Very brief background on myself;

My wife and young son are from Ireland. We are currently living here but hopng to relocate to the Zurich / Zug area in the coming months as we love the country. I am 33 years old with 10 years experience in Corporate Banking in Ireland, primarily involved in Relationship Management, Debt Finance & Credit Analysis / Application writing. I have applied for a number of jobs through "English Speaking Jobs in Switzerland" website but so far have not had any luck. I was wondering if there is anything else I should be doing to make this dream of ours happen, or if the fact that I am not already living in Switzerland and only speak English a big barrier for me?

Any help or guidance on the above would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Stephen

You, I assume, know your business.

That means you are likely to know which business types need your skills.

Knowing that will allow you to search for potential employers.

However, you said your wife and son are from Ireland, but you did not say that of yourself.

Hi @Fred,

Thanks for responding so fast and apologies, I should have clarified better in my above post. I am also Irish, and currently living in Ireland with my family.

I have been applying for roles suitable to my job history but I am wondering if I might be doing something wrong. I feel like I have a level of experience that would be reasonably well sought after here in Ireland but, as of yet, have not made it past the initial stage of any applications.

I suppose I am reaching out here to get a sense of what the market is like at present. Given that  am not living in Switzerland, and the fact I only speak English, do Employer's generally see this as a big barrier?

Many thanks,

Stephen