Making new friends and share experiences

HI, my name is Noel and I am an English teacher from South Africa joining a school as soon as my visa is approved, I am looking at joining an English community to maybe guide me through what to do and what not to do while making new friends and share experiences.

@joubertnoel214

Hello and welcome on board Noel !

Please note that I have created this new thread from your post on the Russia forum so that you may better interact with active members.

Where, in Russia, will you relocation ?

Regards

Bhavna

Hi,

Nice to meet you here. I will be relocating to Khabarovsk

A few things:

• Don't be overwhelmingly friendly/ smiley that is strange/ suspicious, only with the ones who are close/ for example who invited you into house
  • If get invited inside left your boots in the anteroom/ near entrance, especially if there are a baby in the household
  • no smalltalk/ generalities
  • Don't use loud voice, nor make promises or oath if you are not perfectly sure that can or will keep them
  • Don't criticise anything/ any progress/ leader: locals can do outsiders not,
  • Be careful with the ones who especially seek the company of outlanders instantly, they are may semi-otcasts from local society - better the ones who are seem distanced first, when they open up after deeds/ after you prove yourself that is true/ real not fake/ profit seeking