Finding an apartment/house to rent

Ola I'm looking to move to Cape Verde and am struggling to find adds for suitable properties or to get a hold of the respective agencies. I'm wondering whether anyone here is able to recommend any agencies namely in Sao Vicente, Sal and Boavista, but I would consider other locations too. Many thanks!

@Sodade

Hello,

Till members provide some recommendations, I would suggest that you create a "looking for" advert in the Housing in Cape Verde section. You might receive some offers.

All the best

Bhavna

@Sodade

Moderated by Bhavna 4 months ago
Reason : Please write in english only. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Sodade

DM me.

Ola I'm looking to move to Cape Verde and am struggling to find adds for suitable properties or to get a hold of the respective agencies. I'm wondering whether anyone here is able to recommend any agencies namely in Sao Vicente, Sal and Boavista, but I would consider other locations too. Many thanks!        -@Sodade

Hi Sodade,

In Sal and Boavista, there are several large foreign property managers who control most of the rental properties.

In Mindelo, most of the properties are rented by private owners.

In both cases, there aren't websites with properties advertised. You have to be there in person to look for a suitable place.

Keep in mind that Sal, Boavista and São Vicente are tiny islands. It's not like you will have to cover large distances to find a suitable place to rent.

So the way to do it is to book an AirBNB for a couple weeks and begin your property search while you are in temporary accommodations.

Best regards,

Angelo

@CVAngelo Thank you for your answer Angelo. Would you kindly clarify what you mean by "larfe6".

Also when you say to look there what do you mean exactly seeing that there are hardly any adds online - do you mean I need to find the local real estate agents (imobiliarias with store on the street?) and would the mentioned private landlords renting out have their properties with these agencies.

Would you know exactly what is required to rent a property in terms of info and documents please? I'm struggling to get a hold of any agency that can inform me ahead of my trip. I'm heading to CV soon and will be looking for a place to rent long term while on holiday there so want to make sure I take everything I might need with me with a view to returning to the UK with keys in hand and start my permanent move to CV from there.

Thanks so much again.