Transferring funds from Canadian bank to Malta

Hello, I am in the process of moving funds from RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) to Malta. I still need to get a bank account. Does anyone have any advice about the best/ easiest/ or least expensive way to do this.

I would appreciate any advice

Kind Regards,

Ċ Rosetta

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I would recommend HSBC as the easiest bank for expats to open an account in Malta. I notice from another of your posts that you are based in Sliema. Call into the HSBC branch in the main shopping part of Sliema, the junction between Tower Road and Bisazza Street (opposite "Next" ). This is an international branch and they are tailored to account opening for non-Maltese. 

@Evreham

BNF we are with them and not had any problems.

@GozoMo

Thanks good to hear. I will consider them if I need any new accounts.

The reason I suggested HSBC was purely because my daughter in law, who is from a non-EU country, found HSBC to be the most helpful when she needed to transfer her savings from her home country to Malta after she moved here.

Depending on your situation and what tier of account you qualify for HSBC can be a really good option given they have a global network of banks. They offer instant and free transfers between countries etc.

@Evreham

Thanks so much for this information. I truly appreciate it. ;)

Oops. That is not the emoji I intended to use. LOL>