Moving to Bangkok, but where?

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum, just made an account to get some advice.

My name is Tim 34 years old, I'm from the Netherlands.

For business i'm moving to Thailand, my company asked me to migrate to Asia and since i've been 20+ times in Thailand I choose to settle down there.

My personal preference would be to live in Jomtien, yet the company doesn't agree with that (haha, sadly). It has to be in the city for whatever reason.

I do know Bangkok quite well I would say, but never really venture outside Sukhumvit since i'm always staying at Sukhumvit 11 but never really leave that main street of Sukhumvit from lets say Ekkamai - Nana.

I'm looking for a condo with a price of 30.000 - 40.000 baht. 

I like a place which has a more laidback environment without so many tourists like on Sukhumvit, I mean it could be Sukhumvit as long as there aren't so many tourists as like Soi 30 - Soi 4.

Preferably a more quite place which have some nice local bars, expats, can play biljarts etc.

Any advise is welcome, also looking for a real estate agent if anyone has some imput on this, much appreciated.

Cheers,

@timjacobs151988

Hello and welcome on the forum !

Till members guide you, feel free to create a "looking for" in the Housing in Bangkok. You might receive some offers.

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/t … k/add.html

All the best

Bhavna

Silom

May be an alternative around Salam Dang BTS and Lumpini MTR excellent for getting about. 5 mins to Asoke BTS / Nana etc

Patpong is here also but many other quiet bars and restaurants. Lumpini Park is a favourite of mine to visit. Has a CBD area as well. Most tourists don't go except to Patpong area and you can give it a miss or there are some really old expat bars in Patpong that don't really have many tourist in, quiet and good for pool etc

Hope this helps

BADGER