UAE: ADEK PASS rejection - re-apply?

Hi

Does anyone know if you can re-apply to ADEK PASS once you get a new job offer - after a final ADEK PASS rejection?

I have heard loads of people's ADEK PASS being rejected without any reasons and this is causing lots of issues for people having left their jobs/life in their home country (I am from the UK).

My ADEK PASS was rejected for the 3rd time on Aug 30th 2023.

I have now been offered a new role at another school (Feb 2024).  Once I re-apply for my ADEK PASS, I am worried it will be rejected again as I am not sure if you're allowed to re-apply to ADEK PASS once it has been rejected. Someone told me you can't work in schools in Abu Dhabi - ever. But why would another school offer me a job if this was the case? Surely they would know that you couldn't re-apply before offering me a job? 9I told them that my previous ADEK PASS was rejected.

Frustrating that you can't contact anyone (a human) at ADEK to enquire.  I had emailed the usual email address and did get a response after a few weeks but it was a standard email basically not telling me the reason - they just said it was a comprehensive check.  I have no issues whatsoever with security or safeguarding so not sure why it was rejected.

Hoping someone can help! :(

Hi, did you have any luck with this? my husbands adek pass was rejected, we were told it was an immigration issue. visiting immigration tomorrow to find out what it is.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your husband.

Unfortunately it got rejected again in my new job/school.  My school believe it is tarasol/security related - which sounds really bad - but it could be my ethnic origin (my parents were originally from Bangladesh).

My school are trying again so we will see what happens.

Hope you get sorted for your husband.

Is he a teacher?

No, hes a commercial manager but he was emplyed by a school as head of operations. He wasn't going to be teaching but still had to do the securiTy clearance. He's been to see immigration in muroor, but not much luck

Oh no. As a commercial manager he doesn't need security clearance does he? Is he just trying to find out what the issue was out of curiosity?

Happy to have a private conversation and I can share my experience with you

@geordiexpat1981

he does unfortunately, as it was an operations manager role for school in Abu Dhabi.

@geordiexpat1981 Hi, Sorry to hear about the ADEK PASS rejection, may I know what is the update now? Did your new school try the second time?

@geordiexpat1981 Hi, may I know what's the update now? Did the new school try the second time?