Shipping to Belize: Have you had this experience?

Hello everyone,

I am currently preparing to ship our personal effects from Canada to Belize. After getting estimates from several companies in Canada, a number of them reported the same unusual problem: they could not find any Belizean shipping agents to handle the Belize leg of things, from the port to our intended residence. Thus two of them are relying instead on an agent in Guatemala.

I expressed my surprise: with so many expats in Belize forming such a significant part of the total population (esp, if you include Mennonites), how could Belizeans miss such an easy business opportunity? Could there really be so few agents, and even fewer that will answer an email or a phone call?

Did any of you encounter this issue? Do you have any advice?

I think I'm missing something about your question. I'm not certain where, exactly, your Canadian shippers are planning on shipping your contents to. I receive merchandise from the USA on a regular basis, to my home in Belize. There are a number of shippers that do this; I happen to use this one, which ships out of several US ports: belizeanqueenfreight.com Your contents have to be sent to one of their shipping ports, and they'll be sent to your intended address, as long as you let the shipper know what that is.

I remember the people at HomeDepot thought Belize was in Canada

when I told them it's South of Mexico

they then understood Belize was in New Mexico

the problem must be at your end ...

Highly recommend http://www.mbpariente.com/

already sending a normal letter with Belize post

or the better service called EMS is already impossible

I have waited 8 months for the arrival of a DHL envelope from China

which I had to pick up my self at the Customs  office of Belize Goldson airport

I had to "donate" Bz$ 100.- for the release of just an envelope

then when items arrive damaged -

- nobody cares no matter how much insurance you have paid for