Manila Teppanyaki Grill in Manila

I am taking my Partner to Manila April 18 - 24th for her Birthday - First time she has been on an airplane or away from Cebu. I want her to enjoy some special restaurants experiences. I see that Fogo de Chao and Texas Roadhouse (in Venice Mall) are scheduled to open soon, and hope that they can be some of our choices. I am looking for a Japanese Grill similar to Benihanas'. I found EMU in the Dusit Thani Hotel, but it is quite expensive. Can anyone suggest a similar restaurant where they prepare the food on a grill in front of you? Doesn't need to be fancy - just good food with the "Showtime" flair, and at hopefully a decent price. We are staying near BGC area. Thx In Advance.

@talamban

I cannot recommend a specific place, but yet the following may be useful:

Not far from the Dhusit hotel is an area called "little tokyo" with plenty of restaurants.

It's in a block opposite makati cinema Square.

Taxi from Dhusit less than 100peso

Thx - I heard about this area; and was told that each Restaurant has their own separate specialty. We will be staying at an AirBNB next to Venice Mall. If anyone knows of a s specific Teppanyaki Restaurant within that group of Little Tokyo, please let me know.

Try Google

makati teppanyaki little tokyo

If you want to show her the 1950's on steroids go to the Filling Station on Burgos Street in Makati.

Enzyte Bob is absolutely correct. Spectacular menu in 50s USA atmosphere.    https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Restaura … Luzon.html

Furthermore, Texas roadhouse has 6 locations open that im aware of....1 in a BGC mall and the other in Pasig at Arcovia. Prices may be a bit higher than in the USA though. Their menu and locations are here:   

https://www.texasroadhouse.com/location enter "Taguig, PH" or "Pasig, PH" in the search box.

There is one location in Uptown Mall in BGC. Top floor go straight ahead to railing, left turn enter the hallway on your left, take the hallway toward the till it ends & you're there.

we love Texas Roadhouse....

@Skip Scott  Filling Station Bar and Cafe… That place is horrible!  Don't bother.  Customer service is completely rude and food was undercooked with zero apology from management or staff.

@Enzyte Bob

😂

The forum takes insults quite seriously.

Thanks for your understanding 1f642.svg

arty5987 said. . . . Filling Station Bar and Cafe… That place is horrible!  Don't bother.  Customer service is completely rude and food was undercooked with zero apology from management or staff.

It seems Fred has gained editorial control over this forum again and put my previous post"Under Review", so I'll modify it.

(A) Arty, what was so horrible?

(B) Did you eat the food?

(C) Who was more rude, you or the staff?

In the past you called Larry Fisher a joke.

You barked at michaelm54 about bad Filipino drivers.

You told big pearl to grow up.

You said to omarwebber111 Are you fuc*in serious.

You told moon dog to work with the fixers because the Philippines is corrupt.

It seems Fred has gained editorial control over this forum again and put my previous post"Under Review", so I'll modify it.

-@Enzyte Bob

It was the last line that left little choice. Not much wrong with the rest.

You might like to check the posts you (rightly) complained about.

It seems Fred has gained editorial control over this forum again and put my previous post"Under Review", so I'll modify it.    -@Enzyte Bob

Fred said. . . .It was the last line that left little choice. Not much wrong with the rest.You might like to check the posts you (rightly) complained about.   

So Fred who is going to moderate your bashing of the USA and your praising of the CCP?

@arty5987

I haven't been there in years. Sad to hear that a pure gold place has been allowed to tarnish so badly. Thanks for the update!