Visa to Mexico

Paid my May 1 flight to Cancun, $1200.  Paid hotel for 14 days in Cancun, $12,400

Now Mexico is requiring a Visa to Mexico from Peru.

Will never get a Visa Appt at the Mexican Embassy in time to gain entrance.

Since the Airline Ticket was purchased in good faith in Nov 2023, will I be grandfathered in with my family?

I really think it would be unfair to give us short notice.

any ideas?

Wow...   I would contact hotel as well to at least attempt to reschedule and airline as well. That would give you time to get Visa.  I don't think you will get a rush from the Mexican embassy unless you know someone.  They MIGHT have a special email or number for people in your situation, so I would check that as well.

To get the best rate I paid the best rate available, NONREFUNDABLE.   

I will call the Mexican Embassy at 8:30 and ask many questions.   There are many flight from LIM all over Mexico.  Everyone as of the 4/20 deadline will be out of luck?   I do not believe that but I do not know.

i read Peru reciprocated last night and is requiring all Mexican Entrants to obtain a Visa.

This loss is a nightmare to me.

i can only imagine the time it will take to through to the Mexican Embassy tomorrow.

Maybe someone on this Forum has some contact info?

@marineflyer2000

Hello and welcome !

Feel free to open a thread on the Mexico forum to seek advice from members living there or having travelled there : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=442

Regards

Bhavna

Paid my May 1 flight to Cancun, $1200.  Paid hotel for 14 days in Cancun, $12,000.        -@marineflyer2000

Money-saving tips for Marine Flyer and others

for future Lima-Cancun flights and stays....

There are non-stop flights for about $300 US,

so the $1,200 he said he paid seems out of line.

Visit cheapoair.com to see the low-cost flights

from Lima to Cancun.

One can have a top-level experience staying in

Cancun for way less than $885 a night (hotel).

Maybe the explanation is that the amount is not

in dollars but pesos.

Please enlighten us.

Members, please make clear the currency you are

citing in international transactions, for clarity.

cccmedia

Latam Airlines, Premium Economy, 2 checked bags, priority boarding and advanced seat selection.

ADDS UP FAST.