Importing a UK registered car to Spain

Apologies if this has been answered else where;  I have just bought a uk registered car (left hand drive as ironically it came from Spain!)

I want to take it over in May and leave it there to use when we go out there ( we live near Gandia and have NIE's)

Has anyone recently imported their own car and done all the paper work themselves and if so would care to enlighten me where to get the necessary forms as at this stage I really don't want to use a third party (may have to!). I am aware of the processes but can't seem to find the forms to fill in - I have all the necessary paperwork that I know I need as evidence etc just not the official forms to complete! Any help would be greatly appreciated, tia

@Timduxbury I have imported my french registered car to Spain at the end of last year, far more complicated than importing my English registered car to France. My girlfriend works in assurance and is Spanish and if I have known how many visits to different offices and garages to complete the paperwork I would have not bothered. If it's not compliant you have to pay a tax.

Better think twice. As long as you are NOT a permanent resident in Spain there is no need to register a vehicle.

If the car was manufactured in Spain, contact the manufacturer (NOT a dealer) and request a "Certifcado de Caracteristicas Tecnicas" and a "Certificate of Conformity".

Taxwise you will have to pay Spanish VAT and transmission or environment tax depending on make and age of the vehicle, not on it's shape. A gestoria can charge you a bunch, insist in written estimate. I know cases of 500,- and more.

Better think twice. As long as you are NOT a permanent resident in Spain there is no need to register a vehicle.

-@freise

If the car is there permanently then it will need to be registered there.