Dutch Passport application experience (outside the Netherlands)

Hi,

I applied for a Dutch passport for the first time from here in Kenya. I applied in late February. The IND website states that it takes more or less 4 weeks for a passport application to be processed. It's now heading to 2 months since I applied.

The website offers a "tracking system" for the application but I have to be honest it's the shittiest tracking system I have ever seen. It doesn't indicate anything other than telling me to wait, my application is under process I will receive an email when the process is done.

In addition the website clearly says don't call the embassy to follow up on passport application etc.

Also my research online has led me to understand that there has been an increase on passport applications in the Netherlands because the 10 year passports expire this this year. So the passport processing offices are supposedly very overwhelmed? I don't know wether this is the case?

Has anyone here recently appliedfor a Dutch passport while abroad?

Did you suffer a similar experience? Your experience will be quite helpful.

I heard it too that this year will be a very busy year for passport renewals.

As you mentioned, I guess this is the reason why it's getting delayed.

You can't anything else to do then accept the situation and be patience.

@Primadonna thank you for your response. I guess it's a matter of patience. It's anxiety provoking.

Hi,

I finally got an email to collect my Dutch passport.

In total it took 8 weeks and afew days.

I