VT visit this week

So we are coming over this week, mostly for a holiday/break but also to check it out seeing as we have never been before. It may be that we decide bulgaria is not for us (highly unlikely). So it's the VT area this time and probably the Berkovitsa area in September. All we do know us we are not looking at the coast as a possible settling location. We want mountains, villages, peace and tranquility. Anyway, ramble over, though we a not quite in a position to buy yet (nearly) we though we would browse a few property agents windows (is that even a thing anymore) while there and maybe talk to someone to see if our 'wishes' are even realistic. Any advice on who to speak to agent wise (without the likelihood of being pressured into something we are not ready for or being dismissed as 'window shoppers' and not serious)

Thanks in advance ☺️

VT is well served for estate agents used to dealing with expats. I believe several members have used estate agents there so I hope someone replies. When I was window shopping there, Century Homes and Yantra were ones I often checked.

Good luck with the trip, I hope you enjoy it!

I live in a village not far from the coast and have the best of both worlds.

@Kath948381

We have some rather specific wishes/reasons for not wanting to be near the coast BUT we are of the mind to 'never say never'.

Were we able to hire a car on this trip we would definitely explore as many areas east of VT (and both sides of the balkan mountains) as we could but sadly, that's not possible this time round.

Go for it you carnt take it whith you butter paes

Very hot in the summer, freezing in the winter.

I would never move there.

@TonyFF

Where's your sense of adventure? 😉🤣🤣

To be fair, having never been to bulgaria before, we are checking out several regions, to assess the pro's and cons but this visit is just a holiday really. A much needed one and our first ever, (not just in bulgaria but our first ever holiday) 😎😵

I am from California and I hate cold weather.I do not care about snow either.

I have been to many places in Bulgaria. I do not like Northern Bulgaria. It is only good for a short visit.

Veliko Turnovo, Arbanasi are great places to enjoy history, scenery and tasty Bulgarian food. 2-3 days max.

I like Plovdiv  the best and the Black Sea region and I recommend those areas. If you want to have a fantastic garden move south.....

There is one wonderful hotel in Veliko Turnovo- an American Bulgarian is the owner- it is the best hotel there- I highly recommend it! The owner has done outstanding job..... "Bey House Royal Hotel"- stay there to experience the old Bulgarian Revival history.....

@TonyFF

Thank you for the recommendation, we shall check it out. 

Ooooo, beautiful place, sadly a little (a lot) out of our price range.