Tourist Visa to Australia from Phillipines

Hey there!

Met filipina, been to Philippines several times to meet her and family, do side trips all around the islands etc etc

Long distance relationships can be trying at times. We decided to look at bringing her here for a few months to hang out. (I believe we can get up to 3 months)...?

Anyone have experience with this?

She needs to make the application over there?

I become a sponsor? (Do i need to put $$ up for that?

How long might the process take? From my experiences with bureaucracy in PHIL you can triple any time frame expectation! lol

Any help, direction, advice etc would be much appreciated.

Application made online via Australia immigration site

Best advice is  find an agent to manage it who knows the current requirements

Reds flags are established ties to Philippines (reason to return to Philippines must be explicitly established ). Income history and money to support travel.. Work history. Sponsor relationship.

Mate, it better you go through the application. Put her on tourist visa and you the sponsor. Yes you need some $$s to show in your bank account to prove that you can support her visit in Oz. You can apply for extension stay before the 3mths expires. Better all if you plan to marry in OZ then she can go on Partner Visa.

Good luck

@moekoren61 Oh No! I'm not looking at marriage right now, and if that was to occur, it would be in the Philippines and I move there permanently. Ive already lost enough in the courts here from a past marriage. I will be telling my son to try to avoid marriage in Australia unless he marries up......:)

So yeah, its a tourist trip for my GF to Australia only.

So, i think i know most of the costs -

Passport - $300?

Visa - ??

Airfares - $1200 or so

And my support for her while she is here.

Its just questions surrounding the visa that I have, as outlined.

@AussieLUVPhillipines

You might want to post your question(s) here, as well.

Best of luck.

@moekoren61 Oh No! I'm not looking at marriage right now, and if that was to occur, it would be in the Philippines and I move there permanently. Ive already lost enough in the courts here from a past marriage. I will be telling my son to try to avoid marriage in Australia unless he marries up......smile.png
So yeah, its a tourist trip for my GF to Australia only.
So, i think i know most of the costs -
Passport - $300?
Visa - ??
Airfares - $1200 or so
And my support for her while she is here.
Its just questions surrounding the visa that I have, as outlined.

-@AussieLUVPhillipines

Lot's of power to you if you can do that. I know little about Australia granting visitors visas to friends (not even spouse) but for the USA that is very, very difficult unless she Idina professional trip, owns a large business, has a big bank account and significantly, had a spouse all if which give her a reason to leave by visa expiration. Again, I am not familiar with Australia but do you think it might pose the same problems? Good luck.