Domestic workers law regarding completion of contract

Please my sister is working ua house help in Bahrain and she want to change work after her two years contact.

But her employer is treating her that they will not allowed her to work here after her contact but they will buy return ticket for her to go out of Bahrain.

Please it lawful in Bahrain to do that?

And they will need 5000BD from her new employer before she can be released.

Please advise.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1028718, it's better she leaves Bahrain and then her new employer can apply for a new visa

@logicalindian

hi i have the same situation so i decided to call lmra and asked for some advises,they told me u am eligible to have a new employer and job.there's nothing to be paid on.and in case my employer would not give me release they told me better to come lmra office personally to help me

Since last few years, domestic employee visas have moved to LMRA.  Nothing has to be paid - I think her employer is confused as when you issue housemaid visa, you have to deposit 500 BD with LMRA.  Once she is off their visa, it will be refunded to them by LMRA.   I think they don't know that and as such, are asking another employer to refund them.  In any case, you need to approach LMRA to file a complaint.

@XTang thank u for that information maybe a lot of employers doesnt even know that,i dont think that even the agencies are discussing things about it.