Considering Moving to Mauritania for Islamic Studies

Salamu Alaykum Everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to this wonderful community for some guidance and advice on a potential life-changing decision I'm considering.

I'm currently based in the UK, and I've been feeling a strong pull towards deepening my understanding of Islamic studies, particularly Fiqh, . After much contemplation, I've been thinking about traveling to Mauritania to pursue this journey further.

As an Arabic speaker, I believe Mauritania could offer me an immersive environment to enhance my Arabic language skills and delve into the rich Islamic heritage of the region. However, I'm also aware that this decision comes with many considerations, and I could really use some insights from those who have experience or knowledge of Mauritania.

Here are some specific questions I have:

Are there reputable institutions or scholars in Mauritania known for their expertise in Fiqh, Quranic studies, and Arabic language teaching?

What is the cost of living like in Mauritania, particularly in terms of housing prices if I were to consider buying a property?

How feasible is it for an expatriate to settle down and create a family in Mauritania, considering cultural and legal aspects?

Are there any challenges or considerations I should be aware of before making the move to Mauritania for Islamic studies?

Is it possible to marry from the locals?

I'm truly excited about the prospect of embarking on this journey, but I want to make sure I approach it with careful consideration and preparation. Any advice, insights, or personal experiences you can share would be immensely valuable to me.

Thank you all in advance for your support and guidance.

regards,