Flight from the North

As a Cyprus resident, is it possible to fly to Turkey from the North (starting in Paphos)  and then return ?

No...

I believe you can not enter the south if your entry point is northern Cyprus (airport) . They will stamp your passport and you will be deemed an illegal immigrant at the checkpoint.

@jaypee62

I believe you can if you exit out and enter in using the same port.. IE ERCAN ...my RoC resident friends did it last year

I am retired US diplomat.  i have a house in Kyrenia.  i cross and fly into the greek side larnaca on british air from washington dc.  i have a turkish taxi who takes me across the border.

i have also flown into ercan and crossed into Larnaca.

no issues as long as you enter and depart the same airport.

Most useful informations!

Like many things here it may depend on whether the border customs officers have had a  good day or a bad day..but whatever happens stay calm...smile a lot and give the occasional Cyprus shrug

Hopefully you wont have any issues.  i cross regularly.  in November i flew to larnaca and friday night line to cross was 2 hours.  mostly greek cypriorts going to party on the turkish side.  didnt see any cars turned around.  again just make sure entry and exit are the same and you should have no issues.  the border in my view of 2024 is a formality not a checkpoint if you have the correct documentation.  i think both sides see tourism as money making and do not want to disrupt the prospering economies.

It is not an issue.  Either drive to Ercan from Paphos, get bus to nicosia cross on foot and get north taxi to airport, or get a north taxi to take you from paphos (but that is about 110). 

The only time you would get a problem is from the Greek Cypriot immigration if you flew back into Larnaca. If you fly out and back via Ercan it is not a problem.  Flights to Turkey from north Cyprus are dirt cheap BTW!

@Im2hitec4u

thanks for sharing your experience.

The fact that it is unenforced during "normal times" - correct me if i am wrong - does not imply that there is no ban on entry from the northern ports/airports. As a consequence, under very specific circumstances where the authorities may realize that an entry has been performed from northern airport this may lead to potential charges.

In the specific case of non-europeans there would be also stamps which may retroactively confirm the route.

This is my personal opinion clearly but I would rather be on the safe side and enter/exit exclusively from larnaca and paphos, unless the Rep of CY would explicitly allow other routes. Being  resident in the south I feel it also as a matter of respect for the country. 

Here here.. well said.