Need help: Express Entry - Proof of funds and education history

Hi everyone,

I have received an invitation to apply for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category, and I am currently filling out my application. However, I have some questions about the requested information:

• For the section asking about each period of study—secondary and post-secondary—to calculate the score, is it okay if I only add the one I finished and have had my diploma evaluated with an Educational Credential Assessment? I did not finish my secondary education due to a health issue. Instead, I directly took an entrance exam for the university, which is acceptable in Belgium.

• Regarding proof of funds: If the end-of-month (or average) balance for one or two of the last six months is lower than the required amount, but the current balance is significantly higher than the minimum required, will my immigration application be denied?

@justin188I am NOT an immigration lawyer; so obviously take all of this with a grain of salt!Regarding proof of fundsAS FAR AS I KNOW;  the only actual requirement is that you hold sufficient funds to support yourself (and anyone else moving with you) at the time of entry.  Anything considered a liquid asset can be counted towards the balance;  the "average balance for the past 6 months" is simply there to show that you didn't get the money loaned to you or deposit a fake cheque to pass the requirement. If you received the funds in bulk 3 weeks before you apply,  and have never held anywhere near the 6-months-living-expenses minimum;  that's a red-flag.   Not a deal-breaker per se;   you're _allowed_  to receive a gift of money for the purposes of relocation;  but you can't go into debt doing so.(and carried over from your other post;  to keep the "Hello" thread cleaner!) Hey the other Justin!I'm curious what it is about Belgium that you're looking to get away from?  Or is it more so that Canada itself excites you?   Have you been to Canada before?  (Have you spent a winter here yet? )I'm sorry to say:  I don't have much helpful advice for you.   Take a look at the various online job boards, apply,  and get some interviews!     IT is a BROAD sector;  so without more specifics it's difficult to provide anything very specific. Indeed, Monster.ca, LinkedIn Jobs, Jobbank, Glassdoor,  there's a lot of places to look in Canada!When you find a job and decide Winnipeg is your destination:   I'm happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks for taking the time to respond 1f600.svg

I think you're correct because the official website of the Government of Canada doesn't mention a minimum average balance requirement for the past 6 months; they only ask that for current month's balance and ask to see the past 6 months. I wasn't entirely sure because I came across this requirement on some websites and YouTube videos, but I plan to wait until June 3rd to request the document from my bank so that only one month may be an issue.

I already have all the other required documents, and the deadline to submit is June 13th.

Regarding your question, it's a bit of both: Canada offers better quality of life and salaries for software developers and a wider range of job opportunities. I spent a year in the US and had the chance to visit Montreal for a week (which was enjoyable but too short). The country seems incredibly beautiful and interesting, making it hard for me to decide between different provinces and cities to settle in. I suppose it will depend largely on job opportunities and the cost of rent and housing, which vary significantly depending on the city.

About that how it's the rental price sitiuation at Winnipeg ?

And regarding winter, I actually prefer cold weather, so it's something I'm looking forward to. 1f601.svg