ANTES driving me insane. Advice re Exchange of license?

I have been trying to exchange my Portuguese Drivers license for a French one...for MONTHS. I have been sent to the National police, Local police,  France Services, 2 different Mairies, the Prefecture and finally ANTS.

I had all the forms, had a friend who is fluent help me submit numerous forms EXCEPT one, the signature page.  Which I believe to be CERFA number 14879'01.

The first sending was rejected because France assist somehow indicated I wanted a NEW license instead of a trade.

Submitted it all a second time.

They require me to MAIL in the signature form but WILL NOT GIVE ME THE MAILING ADDRESS.  Each time I ask, they say something idiotic like" the address is in the upper right corner (it is not),

or we see you need a signature form (a scan of the form I have has been sent to them 3 times to prove I don't need another form.)

The latest is for me to AGAIN tell them what I want in a NEW request.

What do I do with these people?

Hello, It sounds like you've been through a frustrating process trying to exchange your Portuguese driver's license for a French one. Dealing with bureaucracy can be challenging, especially when there are communication issues. Since they seem to be stuck on the signature form, maybe you could try visiting the office in person to clarify the situation and ensure that the correct form is submitted. It might help to have someone fluent in French accompany you to make sure everything is understood correctly. Good luck with your license exchange!

Sadly, there IS no such office. ALL requests must now been made through the ANTES online website.

This is an attempt to save money on a national basis. Previously you submitted the documents at the local police station.

I have had a native french speaker assist me and they simply REFUSE to give a direct answer, even when I number them.

For example:

" 1) J'ai le formulaire. Numéro Cerfa 14879'91.

2) il est rempli avec une photo jointe.

3) c'est la 4ÈME FOIS QUE JE DEMANDE À QUELLE ADRESSE L'ENVOYER.

4) On m'a dit que l'adresse se trouvait dans le coin supérieur droit. CE N'EST PAS.

5) J'ai joint une copie du formulaire précédemment.

à moins que j'aie le mauvais formulaire, je n'ai pas besoin d'un nouveau formulaire mais seulement de l'adresse à laquelle l'envoyer.

S'il vous plaît dites-moi l'adresse à envoyer:

Demande de permis de conduire. Echange d'un permis per un E'tat appartenant à l'UE ou I'EEE."

This is the 4th time I have stated bluntly, I do not need a form. I need the address to mail it to.  I have actually appended the form in question only to have them say: "We see you need a signature form".

Hi, you might be helped by this very professional France-based Anglo/French lawyer, who covers everything from taxes to property. I suggest to drop her a line. She's very reasonable and pragmatic.

I hope she can help.

Regards

Sean

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : Please share contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Sepharad Maybe this is an omen telling you to apply for a French license as someone coming from outside the EU would. It would probably take less time to get your license than going through this Hell.

Hi

There is a school in paris they

help exchange drving license charging fees they speak english as well

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : Please share recommendations and contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Apparently there is a group on Facebook called "Strictly Legal France" that is extremely helpful.

Another group is called "Driving in French - French License Application".

Helpful solutions regarding frustrating situations like you're facing.

I feel your pain!

Go on the facebook page "Vehicle Registrations and Law in France" and get Lily Penny's email address.

She'll do the entire thing for you for 30 euro.

That way you'll keep your sanity and not lose precious hours of your life that you can never get back!!

Trust me. I'm Irish, living in France.