Recruitment/hiring process in Norway

Hello

Can anyone provide some general insight on the recruitment or hiring process in Norway, especially for petroleum companies,if they happen to differ from other companies?

Can it take a long time?  If references are checked after an interview, and are positive, does that usually indicate that a job offer will be forthcoming?  Is it acceptable to follow up with a company to get an update after the interview or find out the status of your application?

My husband had an interview there, not for a specific position, but as part of a recruitment campaign to fill several roles.  The interview went very, very well and he knows that it was soon followed up by a reference check.  I ask the questions above because it has been over six weeks since the interview and he has not heard anything more. For what we are used to, this is a long time to not know the outcome.  (Yet we remind ourselves that the company needs to place people in many positions and that could possibly be causing the long wait)

Thanks for your time and help.

ALCM

Hello ALCM and welcome to Expat.com!

Have you taken a look at the different discussions of the forum? It may be helpful to you.

All the best,
Harmonie.:)

For those who may find themselves in a similar situation, I can now answer some of my questions:

Can the recruitment/hiring process take a long time?  YES  (over six months from start to finish for my husband, including 2 months from the interview to receiving a job offer)
If references are checked after an interview, and are positive, does that usually indicate that a job offer will be forthcoming?  In our case, YES!
Is it acceptable to follow up with a company to get an update after the interview or find out the status of your application?  Still noot sure, but the long wait without knowing what was happening was excruciating. 

We're moving to Norway, now I will be sure to keep following this forum.

Thanks again

ALCM

Thanks for sharing these details on the forum ALCM!:top:

Harmonie.:)