Khartoum ..... Here I come !

Hello .... I am a long time member of this forum in particular the Cairo/Egypt forums.

I am Ahmad. I am Egyptian and my wife is Ukrainian. She was the expat and now apparently both of us will be expats.

I am looking forward to information on Khartoum, where to go, where to stay, where to eat, drink ...etc.

I will be arriving next week. My wife will be joining 6 weeks later (due to visa regulations).

Where to get Internet access? DSL or USB? how much time does it take to set up?

How about Anti malarial drugs? How much they cost? How much for a pack of Mefloquine or a pack of Doxycycline?

is there any way I can renew my wife's visa without the need for departure and re-entry?

Looking forward to getting to know you all !

Dear Ahmed

There're thousands of Egyptos in Khartoum and all over Sudan working everywhere and doing almost everything. and they seem happy and having better lives than in their own country!!

The malaria is not as bad as u think, and u do not really need anti-malaria drugs.. Other anti-bio drugs are available.

and yes u can renew ur wife's visa in half an hour!

wish u a good stay

Thanks brother Murtada .... I believe Sudan is not my second home. I believe Sudan IS MY home ....... Just another room in my home :D

So anyone up to answer the rest of my questions?

u welcome!

where to stay and what to eat depend on ur income
if u want a luxury life prepare to spend much.. everything is available for money..

the amount of $1000 is an average cost of leisure for a month.

u will have so many internet options, more than ISPs offering their service.. in my opinion they r all the same.. the speed depends on the area u r in

murtada wrote:

u welcome!

where to stay and what to eat depend on ur income
if u want a luxury life prepare to spend much.. everything is available for money..

the amount of $1000 is an average cost of leisure for a month.

u will have so many internet options, more than ISPs offering their service.. in my opinion they r all the same.. the speed depends on the area u r in

Pretty much the same as Egypt (the "every thing is available for money" point)

I will be staying in a hotel for 15 days then moving to an apartment.

and for 5 weeks I will be alone until my wife catches up with me.

Where can I eat?

again speed depending on location is same as Egypt :D

How much time it takes for DSL to be set up? and for how much money?

Last but not least, if anyone can call a pharmacy and let me know how much is Mefloquine and Doxycycline (and how many tablets per pack) I'd be much grateful.

where can I renew the visa for my wife? any documents I need to bring in from here? because there is no Ukrainian embassy in Sudan and if I need a document I will need to bring it from Cairo .....

anyone willing to answer?

I heard Shisha is illegal in Khartoum? Is this true? Can I bring one in?