Just moved to Belo from the UK

Hi everyone, my name is Jen and I've just moved to Belo Horizonte from London, England, with my husband (Brazilian). I'd love to hear from people about their experiences of moving here, learning the language, making friends and possibly teaching English. It all seems very daunting at the moment!
I'm currently living in Santo Agostinho.

Hi Jen and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the different threads of the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to Brazil, Belo Horizonte and to Expat-blog (not necessarily in that order LOL).

I am a Canadian who has been living in Brazil for over ten years now and lived in Belo Horizonte for about 4 of them. Presently I'm in São Paulo, but am moving to Macaé RJ on Saturday. My wife is from there and she and our son have been there for 3 weeks already while I'm still in SP working.

You will love BH, Santo Agostinho is great.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Hi Jen,

I've been in BH since June 1, living with my Brazilian boyfriend.  I'm Canadian but met him when we were both living in London.  I'm trying to make some progress in the areas you mentioned too (making friends, learning Portuguese, teaching English), but so far have found the latter two to be somewhat easier than the former!

Welcome to all of you, I am a Canadian who has been living in Brazil for over ten years now. About four of them in BH before I moved away. Since you are all in the process of learning Portuguese check out my post at the top of the first Brazil Forum page "Learn over a thousand Portuguese words in a few minutes" (link below) it will be of great help to you. Also I have two very extensive lists of translations of foods, spices and other products you will buy at the supermarket which I have compiled over the years. I wish I had it when I first arrived in Brazil... almost starved! LOL

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151289

They're in .PDF format if you would like them please message me and give me an e-mail address, I will be only too happy to send them too you.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog