Young couples in Cuenca w/or wo/ children

Hello Me and my husband and two elementary aged children are moving to Cuenca. I am in my early 30's and my husband is in his 40's. We are looking for a group of individuals or couples that are around our age. If you have children my children 11/8 will love to play with them. Any couple who is energetic, and adventurous no matter the age we would also be happy to meet you.

Hi, i found your post very interesting. Mostly because my wife is from Cuenca, i've been there several times (infact i'll be there for six weeks soon) and she always says she wants to move back.

What made you decide to move there? had you been there before? was it work?

My wife is in finance and is now going after an mba in international business with the hopes of landing a good job that can get us there. I'm mostly working freelance web dev and design but i still find the idea difficult to comprehend.

maybe my upcoming stay will make it feel less like a vacation and really let me see what it would be like to live there.

I'm 31 she's 26 but no kids yet.

I do know that there are young couples with children here in Cuenca.  I have read on the FB Ecuadorian ExPat page asking about other couples with children.  So you are not going to be alone.

Mike

Hello,

You can contact me. You have my email. I have two kids close to your children age, and I know of another couple with sons just moved to Cuenca but they're on vacacion on Peru now.

Vinny

Hello;
My husband and I are the same ages as you and we have an 11 year old daughter. We will be arriving in Cuenca in late September and we would love to meet up with you and other expats with children. What have you decided on as far as schooling? I look forward to hearing from you.
Lynda

Hello LDH,

Sure, we can meet when you come to Cuenca.
Also I work with Relocation and Movings so if you need any help let me know.

About schools, I have my kids in a private school, they had some idea about Spanish because we're bilingual but at the beginning it was difficult.
There's some schools that have some of the subjets in English and it can help but the other options is have your daughter in home school.

Vinny

Hi Vinny:

That sounds great! We look forward to meeting you. We are currently looking for a furnished condo to rent for 1 month and possibly longer. We will be arriving September 16th. Any information/ recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
-Lynda

Hello LDH, you should post an advert in the Housing in Cuenca section. It may help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie