Irish lad newly arrived in Suzhou

Hi people

I am an Irish guy who has recently arrived here in Suzhou. I will be teaching English as a local public school for the next year.

I wondered if there were any other Irish about? And how do I go about seeking them out. Am a little lost at the moment and would love to hook up with other irish to share the experience and see a bit of the city together etc.... and just generally hang out and that.

I am told there was once an Irish bar in the old town called the Shamrock, but seemingly it is now closed. So where do the irish now hang out?

Is there any Irish society? A club perhaps?

Cathal81

Hello Cathal81.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Here is the lisf of Irish expatriates in Suzhou.

Thank you,
Aurélie

No word back from any of the other Irish living here in Suzhou. How strange.

I have however found out that there is a Gaelic Football club based in Suzhou, and the meet for training each Tuesday.... I guess that will be a start for me in finding other Irish or expats with similar interests as myself.

Hey Cathal,

try in "Blue Marlin".
Many english guys...not sure about irish.

Cheers S.

Been in the Blue Marlin a few times now. Nice spot. The gaelic football club actually meet there before we take off training. It's a nice pub, and the food is great too. Not really gotten to know people there yet though.

I also go to Zapata's the odd time. Thursday nights they run a pub quiz night which is a lot of fun.