Hello :)

I have moved here from Canada to teach at a private school.
I am currently residing in Al Ain, and have been here in the UAE for about 4 days now..

I am looking to meet other teachers, and or young people in Al Ain and figured this would be a good site to get started

Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

Hey SRG9,

How are you?

I am Tanzeelah and I am from Toronto Canada.  I, as well, am a teacher.  How is Al Ain treating you thus far?  I also got a teaching job in Al Ain and will be moving sometime this week.  I am looking to meet some new friends :)

Hope to hear from you soon .. Tanzeelah :)

Hi SRG9,
Welcome to Expat.com and welcome to the Gulf. Hope you will enjoy your stay here. Good timing as the heat is decreasing now onwards..

I'm sure you will make friends here on this site very quickly.. So be prepared... :D:P

Jaz :cool:

Hi Tanzeelah,

Welcome aboard Expat.com and to the Gulf too.
Hope you will like your stay here..

I'm sure you will meet others & make friends in no time.. so be prepared too :D:P

Jaz :cool:

Hi, welcome to al ain.
What can u say bout al ain?. My husband is a teacher also here in al ain..
anyways, I'm Liezel.

Hope ur enjoying here in al ain.

Hi ladies (at least, it seems to be mostly ladies!),

I should be arriving in a week or so and will be here to teach, too!  It has been so horribly stressful to get my move put together, mostly because it takes forever to hear anything from my school and get some kind of official plan.  Still waiting to hear when my flight will be, actually.  :(

But when I get there I'd love to meet a few other ladies who are looking for new friends!  Is anyone interested in meeting for a coffee somewhere? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!!

Lauren

only ledies!!!

hi

Em ALSO new in Al ain and looking for some good friends

Em Program Manager/Lecturer in a private University

u can find me on my Facebook ID
facebook.com/asimali.atd

Looking forward to hear from u soon

Hi,

I am also looking for someone to join me in the evenings (after office hours) and weekends (depending upon their schedule) to hangout and spare time together. A plan can be put together to hangout and this can be settled after first meeting and various activities can be scheduled.

I have a separate furnish house in Al Ain for my stay and staying alone.

Regards
Umer

Hi

Just wandering and trying to make some good friends to socialize and make some good use of spare time to overcome loneliness.
I am software engineer by profession.

Do contact me for more details
Regards,
Umer

Hi

I have been offered a teaching position in Al Ain and would be grateful for any information/advise you could give me.

Thanks,

Christina

Hi Christina,

Congrats for being offered a position. Al Ain is a beautiful,calm and nice city for work and living. Its quiet in comparison to Dubai and other Emirates in terms of traffic, pollution etc. Dubai is around 1:15 minutes drive from Al Ain so never difficult to catch when you want to go to your favorite restaurant Or beech etc. In terms of expenses , Al Ain is cheaper than other Emirates etc.

Please feel free to get any specific information and I would love to help you

Regards,
Umer

Hi Umer

Thank you for your response. It is all a bit of a whirlwind to be honest. Do you know anything about the Al Jaheli Institute of Science & Technology?

This institute is part Or authorized by
Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET) and I saw it in popular local newspaper for some vocational courses.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti … ion=theuae

This shows its a good institute and local Govt. always offer and rely on good institutes for their local talent.

I am not sure about the offer you got from here to guide you more.

you can discuss with me on skype umer.uks or through email in details u_farooq20 at hotmail dot com and I can help you further in this matter.

Regards,
Umer

hi nice to meet u...welcome to al ain too....im sam...can u drop me ur number..or u can find me on my FB..samjam0075@gmail.com

Hi All..

And a very warm welcome to the new-in-towns. Me n my wife are one of them. Just hoping to find a few nice people to interact with.

Good luck with settling in the garden city.

Hope to interact further, hopefully soon :)

Sunny

Hi.. welcome to Expat.com, welcome to al ain.... hope u all r having pleassant stay at alain

:up:

sunnysid wrote:

Hi All..

And a very warm welcome to the new-in-towns. Me n my wife are one of them. Just hoping to find a few nice people to interact with.

Good luck with settling in the garden city.

Hope to interact further, hopefully soon :)

Sunny

Hi all ,

i just landed  in Alain, its a new city for me. I would love to have friends to enjoy my  time with them.

Muddy :)

muddyali wrote:

Hi all ,

i just landed  in Alain, its a new city for me. I would love to have friends to enjoy my  time with them.

Muddy :)

Hello Muddy!

Welcome to AAN.

You too SRG9 and Lauren.

Hope you all have settled in. How is the teaching roles here in Al Ain and UAE?
(I do know a bit about it) I expect you to find some difference on how it is approached here :)

Hope you were able to share a bit with christina who seems to need the info you have...

Muddy you working here or on a vacay?

All the the other seasoned expats in AAN - Leizel. Umer et al ... take a look at the new topic I put up on the forum...

I think everyone will be interested in it.

regards
-H

Hello everyone,

My dear friend SRG9 your inbox is totally full, it's not possible to send a private mex to you.

sorry

I am Muhammad Aslam - Computer programmer.

I am computer programmer having masters in computer and also in Mathematics. Feel happy to help people online.