Looking for some help

Hi All,

My name is Angie, I currently live in the UK but I'm hoping to come to Roatan, to settle with my Honduran partner, I'm looking for help and advice on how to find work & what visas are required etc.

I've got experience in Hotel Management & Property Management but would consider anything really.

Any help/offers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Angie

Hi Angie,

Are you married to your Honduran partner?  If you've been married at least 3 years, you can apply for residency through marriage.  If not, then there are other classes of residency (investor, retiree or if you have a child who's Honduran), takes at least 6 months to get and costs a few thousand dollars.  There's not really any work permits here, or at least nothing common/easy to obtain.  If you're planning to stay awhile, it's worth getting your residency sorted out, and then I'm sure you'd be able to find an administrative position in a resort, as it's hard to find staff with good reading/writing skills, computer skills and good customer service.  The pay scale here might take adjusting to :)

Good luck with your move!
Mel

Hi Mel,  Thanks for the advice! My partner and I aren't married yet but he's urging me to make the move, I'm just a bit anxious as I have a good home & job here and giving it all up and going into the unknown is a bit scary! I guess I just needed someone to tell me it's going to be ok. :)