Jazz vocalist, Julie and Juliettes!

Hi Everyone
I just arrived in Bombay, Dec 24 2009.
Suppose to be here for 6 months singing at a hotel near the airport...

Would love to meet some folks that might like to explore the city on Sundays!

Otherwise in the day I am free. Looking to study Classical Indian dance (I am a beginner) and Indian Ragas, to incorporate in scatting.

I am from Seattle!!!!
thanks
juliesings.com

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I have moved the thread on the Bombay forum.

Have a nice stay and don't hesitate to share your experiences and photos with us.
Christine

hi julie , whats airport u mean international or domestic air port , i'v been thers at first time i arrived to mumbai for few days but there's no club , only bar n restaurant , i'd like to be there to have somefun coz  no much to do here in mumbai , lol

hi zaid81
it's at intl airport
where are you from?
what are YOU doing here? student?

hi julie
comon i'm not that realy young kid i'm 28 old lol , ofcours i like jazz , john colrane ,lee morgan , dexter gordon , and alot , i'll love ur style , but tell me its allowed to single person come to that club or only for coupls coz i tried befor in juhu clubs they only alooew to coupls , im from iraq , live in emirates , i'm an optometrist have practice course here for 6 months

Hi  zaid
You can come here alone or with friends. I've never heard of a place that only lets couples in, but I imagine in India where there are more men than women that go out it has to try to balance out.
International Hotels are more understanding...

It would be great to meet you.
So you are in a course right now?
Good for you.
Like I said, Mon-Sat. 7-11PM
julie

thanx julie , well sat night i'll try to be there coz my plans for this weekend it was going to mumbai centre just to discover the city, but u changed it now  lol ,  just remind me the hotel name plz , my private message not working properly i dont know whats wrong , plz contact me on zaidoptics2@hotmail.com

Hi Julie..welcome to Mumbai...
I hope you are enjoying your stay...i love music...
you can see me on my blog.. http://allinmumbai.blogspot.com

I will be interested too to hang around on sundays...
:) R

Hi Julie,
Nice to hear that people are coming over to sing from US also here in Mumbai...:). I keep visiting Mumbai regularly and am presently here for a couple of weeks. Staying at the Oberoi Trident on Marine Drive. Have you heard about the hotel? Nice one bang opposite marine drive and the view from here is astounding. What is the name of the hotel where you sing? Went to a neat place called Not Just Jazz by the Bay last night and it was really nice ...its on Marine Drive itself. I was told its earlier name was Jazz by the Bay.Regards.

Hi Sanman
I am out near the Intl airport at a hotel Le Royal Meridien.

It's a bit far from the beauty of Marine Drive.
I would love to be singing more near the sea.
Why don't you come out and see me? I am here Mon-Sat 7-11PM.
Thank you for your interest.
I feel a bit isolated out here.
thanks
julie