Best place to live in Doha?

Hello everybody,

Inchallah i will join soon a company in Doha located close mushreib.
Im looking for a flat and i heard there is a lot of traffic jam.

I m looking for a 2 bedroom flat either not far from Mushreib or i was thinking about west bay and the pearl because i like modern building.

My question is do you think its a headache to drive from the pearl to mushreib ? and how long time it will take ?

Otherwise i have no idea of Doha , so if you have good advice where to get good flat and well located (close school, supermarket...)

Thanks a lot in advance

Temtem the traffic is unpredictable. I am currently in accommodation near the airport and work at Lagoon not far from the Pearl, so I travel from one side of Doha to the other (North-South). The trip one morning this week took 25min and on another day 45min. Likewise in the afternoon one day it was 20min and today it took 1hr 10min.

West Bay has restaurants, hotels and City Centre Mall - The Pearl also has a few restaurants, hotels and Lagoona shopping centre. Al Saad is an area not far from your place of work close to the Medical City with several shopping areas etc

The other factor to consider is your budget - its worthwhile searching on the internet to find the locations that fit your budget!

thanks youDragonladyoz

So apprently you do the trip from airport to pearl but whats about the other way , from Pearl to Airport? its not faster?

my company give me a budget of 6000 QAR per month including E/W .

It look like i can get something decent not far from my work and maybe its better because i dont want to drive a lot but i like the places like west bay and pearl its like dubai marina in Dubai.

Whats about the area close to villagio and aspire? Its a nice place? and can you estimate how long it will take to drive from here to my work?

Thanks

Pearl to airport can be faster, but then again sometimes it isn't!

6000 is OK if you are looking to share an apartment with someone - otherwise its nowhere near enough - you can hardly get a 2 bd apartment anywhere in Doha for less than about 10K a.t.m.

Pearl is brand new, so although it has promise there is not actually anything much out there a.t.m.

There is alot of housing and work around Villagio/Aspire - the trafic coming in from out there is worse than heading North/South from what I understand.

I also live in musheirib.. I suggest u to take accommodation in BAYTI 2 BUILDING.. it is a very nice, clean building with nice people to live with..

Thanks Hisham,

My company will deal with this matter and i think will be in an EZDAN BUILDING not far from your area. apparently its where they put qatar airways staff ...

Consider Wakra, very good place to live in and you'll only pass the new airport highway to reach mushaireb

Thanks Mrayes but i think Wakrah for a first time at Doha is not the best place to discover Doha .Its a perfect spot for the week end but not to live or maybe after some years spent in Doha .

Hi!

Does anyone know where else is a good place to get a roommate? I think West bay and Al Waab area are good, but anywhere else?

old airport u can reach to what ever u like and very easy and nice place