Pinay living in Singapore planning to move to NY

I joined this Blog and Forum to gain more information about my life long dream of moving to New York..

Been a resident here in Singapore for a year now..wondered if anyone here from Asia and now living in NY? it would be nice to hear stories of how to get started/living/moving there.. :)

Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I have moved the topic on the New York forum.
Good luck!

Christine wrote:

Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I have moved the topic on the New York forum.
Good luck!

Thanks I realised that am off topic too.. thanks again..

Hi Pamcake,
I'm not Asian, but I have many friends who have moved to NY from Asia (Korea, Japan, China, etc.).  A lot of my friends first found a room on Craigslist.  You can also find a job there too, but be careful because there are a lot of scams.  Meetup is another place where you can join groups of expats living in NY.  There are probably even groups for Asians living in NY.  I'm sure you'll love it here.
Good luck!

TheCultureGuru wrote:

Hi Pamcake,
I'm not Asian, but I have many friends who have moved to NY from Asia (Korea, Japan, China, etc.).  A lot of my friends first found a room on Craigslist.  You can also find a job there too, but be careful because there are a lot of scams.  Meetup is another place where you can join groups of expats living in NY.  There are probably even groups for Asians living in NY.  I'm sure you'll love it here.
Good luck!

Hi TheCultureGuru, that was very helpful and friendly note.. thanks so much. funny as I have lots of relatives in California but i don't know, for some reason i feel like there's something or i meant to be in New York :)It's not so soon though maybe another year from now. meanwhile,  saving some bullets. thanks again.. :)

You're welcome! :-)