Any other ex-pats living in Michoacan, Mexico?

Wondering if any ex-pats have decided to make Michoacan their temporary/permanent place of residence? I am from the Baltimore/Southern Pennsylvania area and have been living here over a year now and would like to hear from other ex-pats about their experiences in the beautiful state of Michoacan. Feel free to contact me.

Christopher

Hi Christopher! I have moved the thread on the Mexico forum. Good luck.

Hello Christopher, I do not live in Zacapu, Michoacan. But like you I am form the northeast. I live in northern NJ. I am interested in moving to Mexico but I have not decided on a region. I am wondering if you can tell me how you got to Zacapu and what you do there! Do you enjoy living there? Why did you chose it? I am planning on obtaining a certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I speak, read and write Spanish fluently. I thought of doing this because this is the only job I believe may be available to a gringo like me in Mexico. Do you know of any other job opportunities that may be available in Mexico? I would really appreciate any info you can share with me. Gracias, Lazaro

Check Yahoo Groups. Several groups. There is a very active community.

MoreliaConnect at yahoogroups.com is one resource which bears exploring.