Information about Congo (DRC)

Dear Friends,

I am working at chennai presently.

I need full information about Congo (DRC)

I will be thankful to you if any one tells about the life security at Congo, life style, foods etc to me.

Regards

R.Elangovan chennai INDIA

hi elango,
am also on the lookout for info about congo. am also from chennai and presently in dubai. and getting an offer from a company to relocate to congo. if you are also on the same motive, let me know so that we can share any info.

vaidhee

I am Pavan from Mumbai. I have got offer from a firm in Kanshasha, Congo. The company is offering me 1000 USD with food and accomodation. I want to accept the offer. I want to know the safety standards, salary guarantee and overtime conditions in congo.

Hello! I do not have any first-hand information, but since no one else has tried to answer I will give it a try.

Brazzaville and Pointe-Noire both rank very low in one quality of living survey (the green table). Worse than Kinshasa, which I thought was too dangerous to visit!
finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1016548.shtml

Here is some more information:
lonelyplanet.com/congo
According to that site, the cost of visiting as a tourist is US$30 to US$60 a day (INR 1,336 - 2,673). It does not have an estimate for living there.

A currency converter:
oanda.com/currency/converter/

Kinshasa is very nice. If you wanna see some flats in Kinshasa just go on google and look for FLAY IN KINSHASA. or if you go in a hotel first for 1 or 2 weeks to see the city. It is kind of dirty but just be careful as everywhere in Africa.

matondo = Thank