Thinking of moving to Murcia region

Hi,my wife & I are thinking of moving to Sucina or somewhere in the surrounding area.We have been considering leaving the UK for a while now & recently visited Sucina & fell in love with it. After reading many different forum posts on expat sites we are not kidding ourselves that the move will be easy.
  I am a qualified carpenter (self employed) with 30yrs experience of all aspects of the building trade.
  We hope to be able to buy a property mortgage free but i've read it might be more sensible to rent at first & keep your options open.
  The reason for this post is to find out anything we can about the pros & cons of moving to Sucina.
  So any info on buying or renting,employment possibilities etc etc will be most welcome.

Thanks, Russell

Welcome to Expat-blog, Russell & Anna :)

Hope that members soon shed light on your query pertaining to the pros and cons of living in the Murcia region.

Regards,
Sheetul

hiya Russel, i think it wise to rent at first, Sucina has a few expats living in it, mostly throughout the one housing estate, as for work, any good trades person will always get work, even if it is only a little, but it does takes time, and much persictence, and even then many dont, one suggestion might be pergolas, they seem to be popping up everywhere.......:) and very useful,but if you can speak spanish it would be of great help, we run a bussines just down the road from you and it took a good few years to get it going, due to the low number of potential clients in the area, but if you wish to just tick by I sure you will do just fine.
wishing you well!

Hi Russel,
I would say to rent first too!
I have lived in Spain for 4 years now and i am really happy here,Im sure you and your wife will love it!
But i have moved about allot and met quite a few people who did buy a property straight away and regreted it, due to after getting to know the area wish they was in a nother etc...
I would say that you are better to look for a rented place until you are familiar with where you are.
at least then you can change a rented flat... ;)
As for work sure its hard every where at the moment and you may find it can be very seasonal too but the work is here so as long as you go for it you will be fine.
Also highly recomend lurning spanish i found that it garenteed me work all year round instead of just the summer months when the English holiday makers are out..
All the best for you both :)

hi
we live just down the road from Sucina and have been here 3 years and love it. We have found a useful website with loads of info about the area is  [Moderated:No free advert
good luck with the move

@shepshi did you manage to make the move ?

Hi, We have also lived in Cartagena, Murcia region for more than 10 years now and besides the beautiful scenery that the cruise ships come to see like the ancient Roman roads, amphitheater  and ruins and nice beaches etc. The place is clean and safe and most people are friendly. You can live close to this city in many surrounding suburbs without actually living inside the city too. Hope you find a nice warm and friendly place like this if you are thinking about where to live?

@lovebeethoven thanks for the info