Just arrived in Provence

I have just moved over here and would like to meet new people.

To meet new English speaking people in Marseille, I suggest to look at the InterNations Website (www.internations.org), a social network with local implantation around the world, including Marseille with its monthly gathering where you could meet English speaking people (coming from Marseille, France and other countries).

Thank you for responding.

You are welcome.

Hey,

You're not so far from me, I live in St Cyr sur mer.
If you need any help or adresses to hang out, don't hesitate to contact me.

See ya.

Thank you very much
Paula

Hi
I'm Lawrence and from Edinburgh, Scotland. I have just taken a year off from the daily grind after my partner passing from cancer. I would like to spend some time in France, maybe doing some farm or gardening work. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Hi Lawrence

So sorry to hear about your loss.
Not sure I can help but happy to keep in touch.
Paula

Hi Paula

Thanks for replying to my post. Yes it's been a difficult time, but I have just sold my place in Edinburgh an looking to take some time to explore Europe and particularly France,  Like to keep in touch,

Kind regards

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence

I have loads of work chez moi but not sure where you want to base yourself? Paula

Hi Paula
Not sure about where in France I would like to base myself about,  just like the idea of " getting lost for a while ", even thought about getting a camperror and moving around, do like to do gardening and did, so hope to also keep busy,  as well as enjoying the lovely French country and laid back culture, a far cry from busy Edinburgh. The further south the better climate.

Lawrence

Hi,

I've been in France around five years - welcome.

If you want to keep in touch I would be happy to get to know you and I would be pleased to give you information if you need any help in settling in.

Kind regards

Hi

Thank you for responding.  France is very familiar as have owned my house here for 15 years but until now have just spent summer holidays.  It is quite different being a permanent resident but so far I am loving it.

Paula

Hello Paula,

Wow, 15 years!  Maybe it should be me asking you for pointers and help lol.

My time in France has been a little turbulent but, on the whole, I do love living here (apart from the Tax regime that is).

I have had my house on the market for some time as, for a number of reasons, I would like to move further South. 

I would like to tell you more but not on a Public Forum.

Have a good day,

Andy

Where in Provence? I live in luberon