Anyone likes sea swimming

any one like to go to ElSokhna for sea swimming after Muslim's feast, one hour driving from Cairo.

why not?

hello nanoman;

are you talking about same cairo ?

there"s nothing is just one hour driving from cairo :joking:

suzana wrote:

hello nanoman;

are you talking about same cairo ?

there"s nothing is just one hour driving from cairo :joking:

Hahaha

I think he meant: from outside of Cairo (so just on the ringroad to Sokhna). ;) you have to count maybe another hour just to arrive at the outside of Cairo!

it takes me 40 minutes from Katamya Maadi to ElSokhna red sea, so it is not a big fun.

75 mins from my place ...prompt

backtothesuture wrote:

75 mins from my place ...prompt

cos' the woman above making ironic comments, based on what?

it might take you more than an hour if you go by the speed limit but if you just take advantage of one of the best high ways in Egypt it will take you from 35 to 50 mins maximum but you have to put your seat belts on and have a 150 pounds in case you get radar detected on the way to just pay the fine, take the receipt and continue your journey trouble free... :)

just a little advice fellows, to enjoy life in Egypt especially Cairo you will have to avoid complications and try to make everything just the easiest way.

enjoy the feast vacation every one and drive safely ;)

Anyway, i love to swim in the sea naked.

Anyone knows a place for that???

just swimming not tanning or any other thing!!

nanoman wrote
cos' the woman above making ironic comments, based on what?

based on i"am egyption and living in cairo , so if this trip was only for members who lives in katamya, el rehab , shorouk yes it may take one hour but there"s members who lives in maadi , mohandessien , heliopolis or elsewhere ! do you think they will take one hour ? plus as its just a day out arrangment i thought that we could make & have fun ? as its not so enjoy it
seriously .

:)

Its The Winter!!

john25 wrote:

Its The Winter!!

:-)

It is not about how far it is from Cairo, it is about who wants to swim. I love to swim after el Eid :)

Wednesday I left Mohandeseen (Batal Ahmed) at 4.45PM, 50! minutes later I was at the beginning of the Sokhna Road. NOT exceeding the speed limit, I was in Porto Sokhna at 6.55PM, total distance was 160km.

Geely wrote:

Wednesday I left Mohandeseen (Batal Ahmed) at 4.45PM, 50! minutes later I was at the beginning of the Sokhna Road. NOT exceeding the speed limit, I was in Porto Sokhna at 6.55PM, total distance was 160km.

i know a nice hotel, very cheap , before Porto Skohna if you like to gather ourselves for sea swimming there it is ok, i have a lot of privilege there.

@suzana Lol right!!! Also who wants to be shark bait?!! Lol

Hello trishyc67,

suzana's last visit was 8 years ago.

Should you want to discuss any topic, feel free to start a new thread on the Egypt forum.1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl Oh wow, right. I see the date now, hahaha sorry.