Desperately Seeking Shoes.

Morning all!

I have been treading the torturous and dusty cairene streets in a pair of my black flats which are now ripping at the seams. Thanks to the beautiful baggage limitations now, I only brought a few pair of shoes which are good enough either for a night out or to go running. I needed to get nice flats and possibly some high heels but key word here is AFFORDABLE. I do not want to pay a ridiculous amount for a pair of flats as I just need something very basic. I don't want to go to Aldo so anything else aside from the obvious - local suggestions would be great. Also, I have canoes for feet. Needs to be eur 41+ for this giant! Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi Seemi

Try Delsey in Dandy mall,a friend of mine bought a couple of very nice looking flat comfortable shoes from there for 100 LE each ...
Hope this can help :D

or you can always visit Gamat Al dowel Street in El Mohandseen and you will find a LOT of shoes stores with very very affordable prices

Hey -

Unsure if this is sufficiently aside from the obvious .... (yeah, I am guilty for 'Trying' :P )

Yet  .... I have seen rows of inexpensive (= wear and throw = bad eco-karma!!) - wear-ably obnoxious designs - in the mindless endless rows of clone shoe shops downtown.

Susan << well, not really ... I guess I was pulled in by the
wacko title of this post.

Hi Seemi,

I think that depends on where you live :)

The best suggestions would be the closest first, I think roxy in masr el gaedida.

EgyptianHisham wrote:

Hi Seemi

Try Delsey in Dandy mall,a friend of mine bought a couple of very nice looking flat comfortable shoes from there for 100 LE each ...
Hope this can help :D

or you can always visit Gamat Al dowel Street in El Mohandseen and you will find a LOT of shoes stores with very very affordable prices

100 LE you pay for the shoes, for 100 LE they last! Let s say they last one month, if you re lucky!
I advise you to buy shoes from Adidas or from Puma. They have not only trainers but also comfortable shoes for ladies.

valibilic wrote:

100 LE you pay for the shoes, for 100 LE they last! Let s say they last one month, if you re lucky!
I advise you to buy shoes from Adidas or from Puma. They have not only trainers but also comfortable shoes for ladies.

Yeah I agree with you,Adidas and puma are the best quality,but their prices are not that kind of prices that can be called affordable... :) the last shoes I bought from Adidas were 499 LE :(

My last shoes bought from Adidas cost 400 LE, and they still gave me a discount of 15 %. So, I paid 340 LE.
And it was shoes under 300 LE in the shop. I bought them from the shop that s near El Behoos metro station.

Hi Seemi,

Geneina mall also have some shoe shops with affordable flats... but, the more you pay the harder-wearing they are. Depends on exactly how much your budget is.

I bought 2 pairs of 100 le shoes in Zamalek in November, and they're still holding up!  Basic black flats and black heels.  Also boots are everywhere, all around 200 le.  I've been buying from the cheesy shoe stores, and the biggest challenge is finding shoes that aren't glittery or more appropriate for a woman "of a different profession".

I brought many open toe sandals, and sneakers.  Forgot it gets cold :)

Like the previous poster mentioned, where you live or work will determine the best referrals.  If you can give us a general neighborhood, we can give more specific recommendations.

Im in Maadi but can move around. I heard about mohandessin having shoe stores so I might head over there today. I completely understand you get what you pay for, but even in Canada there's exceptions that I could suggest. It seems that everything here becomes branded all of a sudden and the price tag triples which is why I specified something affordable. And lets be honest, Cairo will destroy your shoes pretty much no matter what.

I need flats as in ballet flat type of shoes that I can wear to work and otherwise and maybe also heals, no trainers or running shoes required, thanks! :)

have some shoes from paris good price
what is ur budget

Seemi wrote:

Im in Maadi but can move around. I heard about mohandessin having shoe stores so I might head over there today. I completely understand you get what you pay for, but even in Canada there's exceptions that I could suggest. It seems that everything here becomes branded all of a sudden and the price tag triples which is why I specified something affordable. And lets be honest, Cairo will destroy your shoes pretty much no matter what.

I need flats as in ballet flat type of shoes that I can wear to work and otherwise and maybe also heals, no trainers or running shoes required, thanks! :)

I know what you mean, shoes at Aldo cost anything from 500- 700 LE, when online (same shoe on aldoshoes.com) cost 50.00 CAD$. What I've done is ordered shoes from a Facebook shoe store called Fashion Mall Egypt (page), I'm still waiting on the order, but she has some great stuff and she brings in dozens of shoes in all sizes for immediate purchase.

I just went to clubaldo today. HOW FANTASTIC! You must go pandabear, sure they won't last forever, but they get the job done and were ridiculously cute from the ones that I saw today!

hello seemi;

one of the best places you can get affordable, fashonable and good quality shoes in cairo is dara " most of them are imported " its in hiliopolise area elkorba phone no 22918672 - 24525098 roxy , by the way they have sale now up to 50% try to go you will not regret"t ,wish you will find some beautifull things
suzana

I have tried through Yellowpages to see if they have more shops in Cairo, but I didn't find this one in Heliopolis in Yellowpages.

Can you provide the link to this "Dara" in Yellowpages?