Activities in Jordan

Hello, everyone new member here been living in Jordan.. well all my life.. but do not feel am home :), England is def my home !!

so my problem is since I got back from England found out that no one is willing to do anything exciting here regardless of how much they complain about being bored!

I need adrenalin pumping activities! climbing, scrambling, hiking anything, but don't have anyone to join me!

or if am alone not sure how to go about doing so, any pointers on places, activities I can do on my own?

and people you are more than welcome to join :)

Hi Ladyjane1,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

hey im from the usa and yea people here are about staying home so ill be more thank happy to join you b4 i have to go back

That would be great, I usually do the activities during the weekend, so by wednesday I usually know what I'll be doing friday so expect a message from me :)

Hello! I am an average Jordanian teen. I suffer from the same problem xD

Anyway I have found a group called Pro Hikers on Facebook. They schedule hiking activities every now and then, and I went a few times, it is really exciting. They do hiking, mountain-climbing, and sometimes even canoeing! It is lot's of fun.
facebook.com/group.php?gid=56423699232

There are also two organizations for cycling here, one is called Cycling Jordan, and the other is called Bike Rush, though I have only been going with Cycling Jordan. They schedule weekly activities to the Dead Sea. Too easy for you? You could also go with their Advanced group, which take more challenging routes! Trips to the dead sea are always accompanied by food at the owner's villa, and sometimes even they hike, and take a picnic. The hiking is usually done in a small canyon behind the hotels area. It is quite beautiful, and you hike until you reach the water fall.
facebook.com/group.php?gid=2376813356
facebook.com/group.php?gid=131029460156
facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000535885974

Sorry I could not be of more help, but those are the only ones that I know about. There could be more similar groups around, that I just did not hear about yet. :)

@ lyardanetz

Thank you so much! I do actually know of them an I have went to the advanced cycling with cycling Jordan which was great!

but thanks for the extra info on pro Hikers, never heard of them.
so will check it out, and yes you have been of help which is great :) thank youuu

welcome to Jordan !!
u can find many nice activities in Jordan by visiting this link !!
http://www.calendar.jo/DefaultNew.aspx
also !! now me and my sister Aisha have free time ,we plan to visit and do some exciting places and things ...  you can contact us and plan to do together , Just write me at privet

heyyyyy i would join you and show you the perfect places for that

Hi Ladyjane,
was there - single and free to participate life's adventures with my own disposal of time.

Now i have two little ones - 3.5 and 20 months.  Still, i am not giving up fun.  There are plenty of "play dates" for children in Amman but i rather do something active than sit around for coffee and watch the kids play - i want to play too!

I am pretty new to Amman too.
I am tagging your post to see if there are any adventurous and fun-loving mums like myself who like to hang out together with our kids.  I note mums because i'd prefer their children to play with mine together at the same time.

I am particularly a rock climber and would be thrilled to find a climb partner who can spare weekdays to go try out the new rockclimbing center along Airport road. 

Often, I have to wait till weekends for hubby for companionship (and safety) to try something... It would be great to find like-minded/active mums to check out hiking trails etc - yes, with steel frame backpacks for the little ones!

Jane ,Start ur Own Group and Start ur fun ..u are Young  lady and very easy to attract more people to ur group....
Have Fun ..
Best Luck
Chris

I have also recently found out about Climbat. Basically a climbing wall. All the information you need is on their website.

http://www.climbat.com/v_portal/apartad … asp?te=387

Hi all,
I am also new to Amman and used to rock climb back in Australia before moving here but it has been a while.  We got here last week and i've just started as a stay at home father. 
My wife and I have an 8 month old baby girl who would also benefit from some play dates if anyone is interested.  I'd love to get back into climbing if anyone is keen. Haven't been to the indoor centre here but it looks good on the website.
Please email me if anyone wants a climbing partner or playdate.

Cheers
Dave

Welcome on board Dave ;)

hello dear and welcome to Jordan

I am a Native Jordanian girl and I must admit, it gets alittle bit boring over here especially if u dont have any local friends to show u around! lol so anyway u are more than welcome to add me in private and join me & my friends when hanging out I promise it's usually FUN lmao :p

also, here's a great location where u can view the upcoming events here in Amman
dilloona.com/en/jordan-amman/upcoming-events?order=18&expand=0

Best of Regards xoxo

Im moving to Jordan with my 10 year old girl sept to join my partner that moves April we are from Manchester uk,its all abit scarey,the offer we had was to good to refuse so any advice info would be gr8 Thanks.

tanni > please stop posting the same copy'n'paste messages on all the discussions or I will delete your account. Thanks

any mommies staying in Abdoun area would like to go jogging together? we can jog around the neighborhood.. there are quite a few horns and wolf whistles when i go jogging alone but i just ignore them and i think it is generally quite safe.

Welcome on Expat.com tmyclark :)

I will suggest you to start a new thread with your request also; it will be more visible!

Regards

Did not know it was not aloud to ask the same question on a diffrent post where does it say that in the rules,Please tell me,christ only trying to find out about the country im moving to