Homeschoolers / Playgroup Group in Shenzhen

Hi Guys! We've just recently moved with my kids in SZ and I was wondering if there are any playschool or playgroup within or near Bao'An District.

Are there expats here, who arrange play groups / kids activities?

My kids are turning 3 & 5. Thinking of enrolling them in a kindergarten but international schools are not convenient from our place, and I feel it's too expensive. So, eldest will be formally home-schooled for the meantime.

Also, looking for home schooling expat families who we can connect with and a Chinese family near our area with younger kids who wish to do a language exchange so, our girl can practice Chinese with her/ him. I can teach English in exchange. :) I let my kids play with Chinese kids but I don't think it's enough. I also let her attend a Chinese-English class for toddlers but it seems a bit boring for her.

Hoping to get some leads here. It's pretty difficult searching in Google as there's not much relevant search results.

Hi, I don't know much about Bao'An.  I had my kids in “International” schools in Nanshan, SZ and Zhongshan.  I had also visited some in Guangzhou and Zhuhai.  Most of those schools were overrated comparing to the high tuitions. 
Since your kids are young (3-5), why not give a local school a try, maybe half a day?   A decent local school or kindergarten has basic English class, which is a norm in China.   Kids and teachers can communicate at certain level.  After school, you still have time to teach them other things.  If your kids complain and do not want to go to school one day, you can then change back to homeschooling.   Kids are tougher than you think, that's what I learnt from my kids.
Good luck with your little ones.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

i have kids can speak both english and mandarin.  the same age as your kids.  but we live a little bit far away.  so maybe can play during weekend.  my wechat: ***

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi,

We will move to Shenzhen in August 2019 and are considering either Nanshan international school or homeschooling. Is it possible to get in touch with you and have a chat? Thanks a lot.

You could get in touch with me by epost:*** or by wechat:***

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Limei Che

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

I have been homeschooling in Quezon City since my daughter has been in Kinder. She is going into grade 7.  We are planning to move to Zhuhai this year. Who do you contact? I could never imagine not homeschooling.

I live in Zhuhai, in the JiDa area. I don't know who you would contact, but not to worry. There is an expat community here due to the close proximity to HK, Macao and the oil fields nearby.

Thank you.

Hi, I am also about to move to Shenzhen this summer. I am looking for homeschool community. Can we connect in some way?

azcactus19 wrote:

Hi, I am also about to move to Shenzhen this summer. I am looking for homeschool community. Can we connect in some way?

Have you come Shenzhen? I am also looking for it.

Hello. Have you found something? I'm interested too

Hi Dear, I live in Baoan, my girls are 5-7 we can talk by wechat

Yes please. This is my account : ***
Thanks

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging. Thank you.

Hi there, we are about to move to shenzhen in 2 weeks,  looking for homeschool community, mom group as well. Would love to meet up once we are there in October.
Thanks

Hi, we just moved to BaoAn this June, my kids are 5&3, can I join your homeschool group?
WeChat:minglankuo

I am a homeschooler in Dongguan. Grade 2 to my 8 year old.

I am using Abeka system from the US but for grade 3 I am considering Easy Peasy or another free, more self-directed program.

So I would like to network with other homeschoolers.

Are there Wechat or other groups I could join for homeschooling in China?

Thanks,

Dan Allan.

Hi, my son is 1,5 years old and I am also looking for some other expats with kids similar age to have some kind of meet-up for the kids to play?

My sister son (7 years old) is planning to Learn Chinese Chess and he's looking for more students to join the classes and share costs. They are located in Nanshan, Shenzhen.

Anyone interested please DM...