PPD Skin Test

A pleasant good day to everyone.

I have undergone a pre medical checkup in a GAMCA clinic. I have been tested to be positive for PPD skin test, however my Xray is normal (clear). My question is, will my visa application be denied and my job offer will be rejected because of this finding.

Thank you!

It's strange that you were tested for PPD while X-ray was clear. 

A positive test is usually an indication of latent TB but then again other medications and diseases can also cause it.  Even having had the BCG vaccine can lead to that.

Usually, the way it works is that if you have something on the X-ray, they will do a sputum test to confirm presence of active TB.  The GCC authorities are only concerned with past and present TB infections.   

If your x-ray is clear then I would assume that it would not lead to a rejection but I somehow doubt that it is - because why request an additional test which is not standard if that was the case.   Unless your employer is a hospital or health care center....in which case it can go either way. 

I would suggest that you get a Quantiferon Gold TB test - that will tell you definitively if you have TB or have been infected with the TB in the past.   Share those results in case of any issue.

Sir, Any implication to my application if ever positive for Latent TB?

Thanks!

Read what I said above - if your employer is a health clinic or a hospital then yes, it could be an implication as they may have policies against it.  In other cases, I don't think so.

thanks!

hi sir..would like to follow up on your issue because I have the  same problem..were you able to come to Bahrain and work? Thank you for answering..

I am new to dubai, in received a job, for my initial medical test, they asked to do a retest from al muhasinah, they did spurtum test and blood test again after the result they informed to have antibiotics and redo the xray. After redoing the xray today result came to do ppd test. What it means. In between nowhere they mentioned why i needed this much test. I am worried. Can somebody help? @xtang

They are checking for TB.  Wait and see how it goes.