Dating and finding love as an expat in Maldives

Hello,

With cultural barriers and different dating norms, finding love as an expat abroad can be exciting and challenging at the same time.

Is it easy to meet other fellow single people in Maldives?

How do you go about meeting people (through friends, online dating, apps, meetup groups)?

How safe is it to date in Maldives?

How do you deal with cultural differences when dating?

What are certain dating etiquettes and rules when dating in Maldives?

How do you deal with getting into a serious relationship if you know you might be leaving Maldives?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Is it easy to meet other fellow single people in Maldives?

-YES dear its easy to meet single people. 

How do you go about meeting people (through friends, online dating, apps, meetup groups)?

-Meet up groups or through friends. I would say do not trust any online platform. 

How safe is it to date in Maldives?

- Its safe depend on who u are dating. (Any country) - But I would say first know the person well before take to the next level. Maldives also there are many different style of people. Choose a person with ur style, taste .

How do you deal with cultural differences when dating?

- If the guy you are dating is open cool guy, then ok. But if you want take it serious relationship you have to think how that person family thinks and friends around him. Cox Maldives is a Muslim country, if you want marry that person and live in Maldives, you probably have to convert to Muslim.
Anyway if your guy is cool and open still can find many other options.

There are many foreigners married and living in Maldives and outside Maldives also.
Even my wife is a Korean, But i am now living in South Korea. You can ask someone who is living Maldives and get some ideas and feedback from their experiences.

What are certain dating etiquette and rules when dating in Maldives?

- Ofcox in Public is not ok to kiss, or that kinda behavior. But still there are people do it . I do not recommend it since Maldives is a Muslim country.

How do you deal with getting into a serious relationship if you know you might be leaving Maldives?

- Again its up-to your guy and u. How much you love trust each other. ofcox there are long distance relationships it worked also. So i can say if both understand and come up with a better future plans, then its works for Maldivian guys also. (But not everyone.)