Education system in Calgary

Hi everybody,

I'm coming through this message to ask about the education system in Calgary.
Today I am living in Paris and we are planning to be an expat or immigrate to Calgary.

I have some questions about this subject because is really important for us.

So...
the schools are very rigid and with a lot of hierarchy?*
the education is public? Or private?
the education is multilingual? Or bilingual (French and English)?
There are school with other languages, Portuguese, German, Italian?

* I'm asking about this because here in France the teachers are too rigid and they work a lot with the frustration of children; school in France is not a nice place for children, they don't enjoy it, and if you do not live in a good neighborhood the schools are terrible in the content passed to the students and with a lot of bullying between students. The feeling of the children here is that inside the school there is no dialogue between students and teachers (too military). Example: if the student goes badly in class, the institution lowers him rather than helping him to improve his grades I his learning.

And I have other questions about that ...

Does the school in Calgary work to frustrate your children?

Does the educational institution tend to push back those who are not doing well in school, or is it the opposite that helps them to improve?

Honestly, what is the difference between schools in rich neighborhoods and "poor" neighborhoods?

How is the contact between teachers and students?

How is the contact between students? too much harassment / bullying?

I thank you in advance.

Have a good day,

Augusto

Hello Augusto,

I moved your discussion on the Calgary English Speaking forum so you could get appropriate responses, hope you will find what you are looking for.

Alexia
Expat.com Team

Thanks Alexia.

Have a great day!