New members of the Japan forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Japan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Japan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Thank you Julien, nice to meet you :)

Yo from Osaka.
Not new to Japan. Looonnnggg term resident.
New to this website. Thanks!
The Sound Garden Cafe & Bar downtown Osaka, on Soemoncho at Dotonbori bridge and
Unbeaten Japan nature travel company are my main pursuits, with a little bit of minpaku remaining in Kyoto, if you're in need of a place to stay.
Pretty sure that I may be able to help people here more than I can be helped. Over 27yrs living in the Kansai area.
Cheers!

Not trying to sell anything (necessarily…), just wanted to give people an idea of who I am & what I do.
thanks!

Hello All!

Ultimately I would love to live in Kyoto area and make a living off my artwork, but I don't think that's possible at the moment. I currently work as a specifier for my city's transit system and would like to transfer that to the transit system there if possible.

Hi All,

i'm Malaise citizen
I'm totally new in these platform, my planning to move there in Japan seeking any Hotel front line job if possible.

Wondering any possibilities information if you all do have please contacting me for further follow up. My Japanese languages still consider very basic, but is not a big deal for me to learn all the time.

Thank you!

Hi All, I am from India, I would like to start a new business in Osaka.

Hey all! I am Kevin Koh and I am a recruiter based in Bangsar, KL. I would love to expand my connections and at the same time help people find an employment here in Malaysia. Looking forward to talking to all of you. :D

Hi all! I'm Patrick. Still in the Philippines, but moving to Yokohama this April.

Hi All

I'm Keerthi, newbie on this forum

I am currently in India, moving to Japan in a couple of months
Any to-do list/checklist would be helpful as I am travelling to Japan or any other foreign country for the first time

Looking forward to talking to you all :)

Hey everyone, I'm Abbie, I am 22 years old from Australia. I have just finished working the snow season in Hakuba, Japan. I have been living in Japan since early December and now looking to re-locate. My job was Assistant Property Management, which included cleaning properties, bed making, guest concierge and co-ordinating bookings for Self-contained properties. I also have experience in Hospitality and also child care. I would be happy with any position. I have a valid working visa and international drivers licence. Looking for work and share house. Nice to meet you all, and hope to speak to you soon :)

Hello,
thanks for taking the time to read my post.
we are moving to Tokyo, Japan from Sydney, Australia with our 3 children aged 5, 7 and 9. We can move with work next month but I am reluctant to move in time for the long Summer school break which will leave me in a new city trying to entertain 3 young kids for 2 months.
I therefore think it will be better to arrive in July ready for the new school year. Our office is near Tamagawa train station in Setagaya. I would love some advice on:
1) what is the best time of year to arrive with a family?
2) what international school options would you recommend for the kids (I am hoping to send them all to one school and we really prefer co-educational rather than single sex)?
3) nice places to live in the area / near schools?
4) what is the best way to do weekly food shops if we don't have a car?
5) should we bring our bicycles?
Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing about Tokyo from some people who are living there with family.

Hello everyone,

I am Eldo from Indonesia and still new here. I used to work at banking company at relationship manager biz banking department for about 2 years in Indonesia. currently, I am trying to apply at oversea company (Japan, etc). Feel free to contact me if you get any information about working opportunity at oversea company. Glad to meet you all, thank you

Hi,
I am Adina from Romania. I try to move for good in Japan. So i am looking for jobs and other ways to make my dream come true.

Hi,

I'm looking to move from DC to Tokyo or thereabouts to complete my language studies. My major objective right now is saving and making contacts overseas.

Long time reader of the Expat forums and i recently joined.

Hi ,everyone I am new on this platform. My name is Kennedy from Zimbabwe and I am planning to move to Japan around mid May. I am an ESL English Teacher and I am looking for someone to assist on accommodation ,sharing.

Hi,
I'm Giang (Yan) from Vietnam.
I'm going to work in Osaka from July. First time to live in a foreign country, I'm scared and excited at the same time. Feel free to contact me. Hope we can be good friends.

hello, i am newbie in  Japan and luckily in Osaka, I will like to meet you

👍👍👍 you are a kind person

Hello :)

New to this site - not really sure if it can help me or not.
Partner is currently living in Japan for 10 months on a contact playing basketball.
I Plan to join him - but always kind of lonely on my front as majority of the time he is training. Will be based in shizuoka. Just putting feelers out i guess and seeing if I can learn anything about the place that'll make the transition easier :)

Thanks!

Zo

Have a great and peaceful day to everyone.🙂
I'm a newbie living permanent residence in Japan, working as a Caregiver helper in home elder.

hi,  i am planning to move to japan and hoping for some help and advise from this forum. thank you.

I'm Poppy, and this may sound strange, but I'm thirteen.

My dream is to be an engineer in Osaka, Japan. I currently live in England, but plan on moving after finishing tech college here.

At the moment, my parents have signed me up for a tech college that begins in year ten (when I'm fifteen) so I know what my education path is, but there is a lot more to consider.

At the moment, my main focuses are saving money (once I get a job- ), learning Japanese and the culture and social etiquette I should know.

I figured that planning out what to do at a younger age gives me more time and leaves me better prepared, so please don't judge me.

Thanks for reading!

Hello All,

I am Eslam El-Sherbieny, An Egyptian living in Estonia since 2016. I am currently taking the first steps in finding work in Japan and moving there.

I work in IT, a Magento 2 backend developer. I have posted a question in the Japan forum and I am hoping you can check it out and give me some very much needed advice

Thank you in advance!

Hi Guys!
I am Mark. Moved to japan last November. Working in Ikebukuro. Staying in Saitama. nice to meet you all.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880452

Thanks!

Closed