Employment Pass - "Pass Approval Stage"

Hi,
I got a job offer to work with a big tech company in Malaysia. This is my second job in Malaysia.
My application has been filed for EP (category I).

On the ESD portal, my application status shows "Pass approval Stage". It's been 8 working days since submission. Looking at the explanation it states "Pass Approval Stage - The application is successful and pending for pass approval."

I was told the entire process takes 5 working days. Here are my concerns:

What could be the reason(s) for this delay?
How long does it typically take for the application to go from "Pass Approval Stage" to "Pass Issuance Stage"?
Since my application has already gone through the verification stage and decision stage succesfully, are there any possibilities of the application being rejected?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I am at the same stage “Pass approval”
I'm wondering Is there any update on your application?

It took me a month to get this stage due to lack of documentation and the regulation (additional approval required from Perkeso) from the government.

May I know if anyone knows if there's any possibility of rejection after the documents submitted/verification, decision stages?

Thank you so much and hope you get your EP as soon as possible!

Hello INAHSIA,

ME too same at the same stage “Pass approval”?

does your status change to "Pass Issuance Stage"?

how much time it took to change  “Pass approval” to "Pass Issuance" ?

Thank you in adv.

If, any of you guys got the Pass endorsed or moved to Pass Issuance stage, can you please update us how long it took?

Welcome to Malaysia, and be very happy as many have not been able to get their working visas renewed. What you need to understand in that post-covid times most immigration offices are closed such as Jalan Duta, Shah Alam and more due to either being full, or working on a backlog of cases from last June. This means all cases go to Putrajaya. I just renewed my spouse visa, and everytime we went back there was more and more people. It started of being friendly, then quickly they recognized there were just people coming from everywhere for everything.

In Malaysia you need to learn two very important things, patience and acceptance. Be patient everywhere, this country isn't like other countries. Be accepting, a lot of people complain about Malaysia, for them I say you can always leave.

I left the United States 10 years ago and came here, it took me a while to adjust. I have a permit to work, but since the lockdowns there has been a hiring freeze on hiring foreigners. But that's okay, I had to leave because my job was no longer healthy for me, as I transition I can also look for remote work outside of Malaysia while living here. It's a beautiful country with kind people, but you really can't be in a hurry. Sit back, it's been approved, delays are normal, it'll be okay.