New members of the Iceland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Iceland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Iceland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello, my name is Emil. I was born in the Netherlands but moved to Iceland 17 years ago. I felt I was born in the wrong country, and I feel very much at home in Iceland. Fell in love with the country, so to say.
I moved on my own, sold my house in Rotterdam, quit my job and moved to Iceland all alone with only 5 thousand Euros in my pocket at the time. Didn´t know anyone in Iceland, didn´t have a job yet, didn´t know the language, and started renting a small upper apartment that was already furnished. And then job searching, which only took a week at that time. And from then on, things started to roll and move in the right direction. Went to evening schools and the university, to learn Icelandic and even had a private teacher for half a year. Knowing the language has always helped me much, with finding other work.
I now work as a receptionist at a big guesthouse in Reykjavik, and I recently bought an apartment in Reykjanesbær, about 50 km from Reykjavik, near the international airport.
I just want to say that, just because you happened to have been born in a certain part of the world, doesn´t mean you can´t live somewhere else in the world. So if you can, make it happen. Emil.

Awesome🙏

@AkinShalom : As you are also a new member, can you please introduce yourself?

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I'm Akin Shalom from Nigeria, I wish to move to Iceland if I could secure a student visa for my Master degree

Hi! I'm a new member. Currently living in my home country Brazil but my dream is to move permanently to Iceland. Anyone has any tips on how to do that?

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks for introducing yourselves.

For further questions related to moving to Iceland, I would advise you to create new threads on the Iceland forum so that your individual queries have more visibility as stand-alone threads.  :top:

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

My name is kessb, am from Nigeria but currently residing in Mauritius I have the plan of moving/visiting Iceland, any useful  information and tips will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Kessb

Hello Efoke,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

I would suggest you to post a new topic on the Iceland forum to ask all your questions.

It will be easier for our expat members in Iceland to assist you if they have a clear idea of what you are looking for.  :top:

Best luck,

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915989

Thanks!

Closed